The 2019 Final Fantasy Fan Fest in Tokyo today started with a keynote speech by game director Naoki Yoshida, and the 90-minute briefing was full of news and insights into the new Shadowbringer expansion for Final Fantasy XIV, which will be released later this year , Perhaps the biggest news was the announcement of a new job. The new job is dancer.
As the name suggests, Dancer uses dance moves to fight their enemies. Performing dances carries out certain abilities, while certain dances strengthen nearby party members.
The dancer is a long-distance DPS job, and his main arm is used for throwing weapons. According to Square Enix, there is no associated class, and you can use Dancer level 60 or higher.
Another big announcement was the next playable race for Final Fantasy XIV – the Hrothgar. Cat-like humanoids, the Hrothgar will be available in both male and female varieties, and each will have unique heads and customizable features. They also have two clans each.
Also during the presentation Square Enix showed two new cities, the Crystarium and the Eulmore. The Crystarium is a beautiful, sprawling place with blue colored surroundings. Eulore is also an impressive sight, sitting on a massive, ornate and steampunk-looking structure.
Square Enix also used the brand new keynote to unveil Final Fantasy XIV's latest Beast Tribe – the Dwarfs. Not much information was exchanged, but the company confirmed that these dwarves always have beards and always wear helmets – even at the dining table. They are experts in mining and metallurgy.
Another important news was the announcement of the next eight-player raid series in the game. It's called Eden, and although little is known about the peculiarities, Square Enix has confirmed that none other than the legendary designer Tetsuya Nomura works as a character and boss designer for the company.
Shadowbringers launches on July 2, but an early access phase will launch on June 28, Square Enix announced. However, this was only a provisional date and can therefore change.
The keynote featured an epic six-minute trailer for Shadowbringers. You can see this trailer above while a bunch of brand new screenshots are embedded in this post.
While the fans have to wait a bit longer on Shadowbringers, the next big update for Final Fantasy XIV, Update 4.56, starts on 26 . March. Everything announced today is on top of all previous Shadowbringer announcements, including a level-cap jump from 70 to 80, such as the launch of a new system called the Trust System. There are also more endgame content and more.
Here are some more facts and details on today's Shadowbringer news that Square Enix shared after the end of the podium (text written by Square Enix):
- New Job – Dancer: Dancer joins as one the new jobs in Shadowbringers the Breaker. This attacker not only triggers powerful throwing attacks, but also dances to unfold skills and bring benefits to his party
- New Player Race – Hrothgar: The Hrothgar player race congratulates the recently announced Viera as second new playable breed in Shadowbringers. The Hrothgar and the Viera will both have unique, customizable characteristics for their breeds.
- New Player Cities – The Crystarium and Eulmore: Located in Norvrandt, the former serve as a player turntable, while the latter serve as the wealthier. The city ruled by the elite will play a key role in the main action of the Shadowbringer.
- New Raid – Eden: This new high-end raid theme will feature several challenging bosses and a new character – both designed specifically for this series of raids by Kingdom Hearts Director and Veteran of the Final Fantasy series, Tetsuya Nomura.
- New Beast Tribe and Primal: The bearded dwarfs and the "sin-eater," Innocence.
- New Field Area –
- . Lakeland