A Michigan mothers son 12-year-old son was badly burned after a friend put him on fire in a social media stunt is warning others about the "fire challenge."
Tabitha Cleary of Dearborn Heights told NBC affiliate Jason suffered second-degree burns after a friend sprayed him with nail polish remover and set him on fire. The 12-year-old was hospitalized for four days after the stunt Saturday at a friend's house.
"I just want to know that these challenges, or whatever they're watching on YouTube, is not worth risking your life, "Cleary told the station. "My son got burned second-degree ̵
1; and it could have been worse."
It's unclear if authorities were made aware of the incident;