A woman from Ellenton, Florida, died of a carnivorous bacterium two weeks after cutting a leg in the waters of Anna Maria Island, Florida.
Carolyn Fleming – who went from Lynn – fell into it A little dip in the water on Coquina Beach, the Barrier Island near St. Petersburg on Friday, June 14th. According to her son and her daughter-in-law Wade and Traci, the fall had caused her to have a cut on her left leg, which Fleming had with her that day.
The couple and their two children, Jonathan and Jensen, spent the week with her after traveling from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, where Lynn Fleming originally came from. It has always been her dream to live in Florida, said her daughter-in-law.
"She loved the sea and she liked to walk the beach," Tracy Fleming told NBC News Sunday.
Lynn Fleming stepped out of the house Traci Fleming said the water had risen sharply on Friday with a 3/4 inch incision and a bump on the tibia, but the severity of the wound had dramatically increased this weekend.
She showed no symptoms this Friday or the following morning her family went. But on Saturday afternoon, she told them she was in pain. On Sunday, her leg was red and swollen and her friends forced her to go to an emergency room where she received a tetanus shot and an antibiotic. One day later her left tibia was black.
"Her friends found her rather unconscious and lying on the floor of her bedroom," Traci Fleming said. "You called an ambulance."
On Monday, June 1
Strokes and Kidney Failure, "Traci Fleming wrote in a post on Facebook on June 26, recording her mother-in-law's condition," Her whole body is septic. "
Hours later, Lynn Fleming's doctors had the
Traci Fleming said she and her husband had returned to Florida in their last days to be with Lynn Fleming.
"We spent the whole week with her while she was on life support. "Traci Fleming said Sunday." On June 27, Lynn Fleming died after two strokes and organ failure during surgeries to rescue her leg, said Traci Fleming, who was 77.
"Lynn slept peacefully today, Wade held her hand, "wrote Traci Fleming in a Facebook post Saving Lives.
" It's very ironic that she loved the beach so much and could not wait to retire there, "Traci Fleming said also took her life. "
" It's heartbreaking. We are devastated, "she said Centers for the Control and Prevention of Disease.
" Accurate diagnosis, rapid antibiotic treatment, and rapid surgery are important in stopping this infection, "states the CDC.  Earlier this month, the family of a 12-year-old girl was born. Wade Fleming told NBC News that Lynn Fleming might still be alive if his family had learned of the bacteria.
"I think if we predict the knowledge He said, "My mom would be here to give you an interview instead of me."