قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / FORECAST: record-breaking cold; Rain likely until Tuesday – News – Austin American-Statesman

FORECAST: record-breaking cold; Rain likely until Tuesday – News – Austin American-Statesman



Monday forecast for Austin: It's finally sweater-weather in central Texas.

Temperatures reach 50 degrees before dawn in Austin, but it is expected that they will glide by northern gusts of up to 25 miles per hour until around noon, the National Weather Service said. A 90% chance of rain is expected in the next 24 hours, meteorologists said.

The normal temperature range for this season is a high of 82 with a low of 61

, but a blast of cold air from Canada is what's bringing the record breaking cold for October. By Monday, the coldest high temperature for October 15 in Austin was 66 degrees in 1970. Monday's peak is likely to be at least 10 degrees cooler than that.

The coldest temperature in Austin on October 15 was 44 1915. Temperatures overnight could fall to 43 degrees. Heavy rain has meanwhile led to a tidal wave until 7pm Monday in parts of the Hill Country, just west of the metropolitan area of ​​Austin, including the districts of Blanco, Burnet and Llano. Doppler radar at 6.30 showed a large band of storms rolling over the mountains, while another group of storms from Hays County advanced north to Austin.

Rain is possible all week, according to the extended weather forecast:

Tuesday: High near 49 with an 80% chance of rain with up to 20 mph north wind gusts. Cloudy at night with a high of 46 and a 40 percent chance of rain.

Wednesday: Cloudy with a high reading of 52 and a 30 percent chance of raining. Cloudy at night with a low by 50 and a 50% chance of rain.

Thursday: High near 60 with an 80 percent chance of rain. Cloudy during the night with a low near 55 and an 80 percent chance of rain.

Friday: Cloudy with a high probability of 65 and 60 percent rain probability. Cloudy with a low of about 58 and a 50 percent chance of rain.

Saturday: Cloudy with a high near 67 and a 60 percent rain probability. Cloudy at night with a low of about 56 and a 40 percent chance of rain.

Sunday: Overcast with a high probability of 67 and a 20 percent chance of rain.


Source link