Foreign Ministry spokeswoman Heather Nauert withdrew her name because of the UN ambassador's nomination, the department said Saturday.
"I am grateful to President Trump and Secretary [Mike] Pompeo for the trust they have placed in me for the position of US Ambassador to the United Nations," said Nauer in the statement. However, the last two months have been exhausting for my family and that is why, in the best interest of my family, I withdraw my name from consideration.
She went on to describe her time in the administration as "one of the highest honors of my life."
A US State Department source told Fox News that the process, in addition to various world trips and intervening, had traveled around Washington DC and New York to see the family became too much.
Before Nauert worked at the US Department of State, she worked as an anchor and correspondent for Fox News – including Breaking News anchor on Fox & Friends. Prior to Fox, she was a reporter for ABC News. In April 2017, she moved to the Foreign Ministry.
Foreign Minister Pompeo also turned to the decision in the statement and said he respected him.
CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS App 19659003] "Heather Nauert has fulfilled her duties as a senior member of my team with unparalleled excellence," he said. "I wish Heather the best in all her future endeavors, and I know that in every role she finds herself, she will continue to be a great representative of this nation."
When Trump called Nauert for the UN role last year, he said she was "very talented". His announcement came about two months after the resignation of Haley, the former governor of South Carolina.
Alexandra Pamias, Rich Edson, Adam Shaw and Kaitlyn of Fox News Schallhorn contributed to this report.