Fortnite X Mayhem Borderlands Event
Fortnite fans were faced with some surprise changes as part of the 10.20 update.
The new Fortnite update is available for download on PS4, Xbox One, Nintendo Switch, PC, iOS and Android.
Accompanied by server outages, Update 10.20 introduces a Borderlands crossover event.
According to Patch Notes from Update 10.20, this is the latest Rift Zone based on Pandora from Borderlands.
As part of Fortnite X Mayhem's collaboration, the Rift Zone brings Pandora's rules to Fortnite, meaning players create a shield if they avoid damage.
Pandora is available until the 10th of September.
Elsewhere, Epic Games has lowered the BRUTE spawn rate and introduced the new item Shield Bubble.
As you can see from the Patch Notes below, the Shield Bubble creates a large shield that blocks projectiles and explosives.  WEAPONS + OBJECTS
• Rare item 30 seconds.
• Creates a large bubble that blocks projectiles and explosives. Players can still go through it.
• Missiles and explosives can be fired from inside the bubble, but not out of it.
• The emitter of the bubble has 400 HP. If you destroy it, the bubble is deactivated.
• The map symbol of B.R.U.T.E. remains visible to all players after they are aboard a player. The symbol follows the vehicle as it moves.
• This is to determine the presence and location of a B.R.U.T.E. to make all players aware in the game.
• The B.R.U.T.E. The following changes were made between the 22nd and 23rd of August.
• The maximum number of missiles launched by the B.R.U.T.E. in a single charge from 10 to 6.
• The speed at which the rockets were launched by the B.R.U.T.E. by 56%.
• The B.R.U.T.E. The driver and front passenger no longer receive items when they are trudging or storming through the area.
• The explosion radius of B.R.U.T.E. Rockets return to their original range.
• We reduced the blast radius by 42% in the August 22 hotfix. In particular, this change acted as an overshoot, making it too difficult for the BRE to hit targets with fewer missiles and less agility. On August 23, we restored the damage radius (in core mode) to the level before August 22. We will be the B.R.U.T.E. Changes to make sure they match our goals.
• As of version 10.20, these changes are also included in Arena and Tournament playlists.
• The Dash cooldown has been increased from 3 to 5 seconds.
• The speed gained from boosting in the air has been reduced by 33%.
• The variability of spawning rates for storm phases 1, 2 and 3 in the core modes has been adjusted.
• Note: These adjustments do not affect the spawning rates in Arena and Tournament Playlists. You can find these spawn rates in the patch notes for version 10.10.
Storm Phase 1
• The maximum number of B.R.U.T.E. Spawns from 5 to 6.
• The probability of 0 BRUTEs appearing has been reduced from 29% to 14.3%.
New spawn rates
• 14.3% chance of appearing 0.  • 14.3% chance to spawn 1.
• 14.3% chance to spawn 2
• 14.3% chance to spawn 3.
• 14.3% chance to spawn 4 spawn 5.
• 14.3% chance to spawn 6.
Old spawning rates
• 29% chance to spawn 0
• 14.3% chance to spawn 1.  • 14.3% spawn chance 2.
• 14.3% spawn chance 3.
• 14.3% spawn Chance 4.
• 14.3% Spawn Chance 5.
Fortnite Shield Bubble Item
• The maximum number of BRUTE has been increased from 3 to 5.
New spawning rates
• 16.7% chance of 0 to spawn.
• 16.7% chance to spawn 1.
• 16.7% chance to spawn 2.
• 16.7% chance of appearing 3.
• 16.7% chance of appearing 4.
• 16.7% chance to appear 5.
Old Spawn Rates
• 25% chance to spawn 0.
• 25% chance to spawn 1.
• 25% chance to spawn 2.
• 25% chance to spawn 3.
Storm Phase 3
New Spawn Counts
• 25% Spawn Chance 0
• 25% Spawn Chance 1
• 25% Spawn Chance 2
Chance to spawn
Old spawning rates
• 33% chance to spawn 1
• 33% chance to spawn 2
• 33 % Chance to spawn 3
• The material cost of using the shooter's overshield has been reduced from 200 to 75.
• BRUT's health has been increased .E from 1000 to 1250.
• The Junk Rift has been reactivated in all modes.
• Storm Flip
• Drum Weapon
• Storm Scout Sniper Rifle
• Fixed an issue where the jerk crack did not destroy any BRUTEs on impact.
• Weapons and items received from vending machines no longer differ from the weapons and items displayed when they were received.
• Fixed an issue where Tucker spills could be used faster than intended.
• The shotgun no longer becomes inaccurate for a short time after players have switched to it from a weapon best suited for targeting (eg sniper rifles).
• Shockwaves now correctly affect members of the Horde.
• Fixed an issue where Small Shieldpotion would not fill players' shields to 50 if it was 49.
• Fixe d a problem where stink bombs cause players with a B.R.U.T.E. would do less harm.
• Gunners in a B.R.U.T.E. Who is not accompanied by a driver, has no visibility in the volcano whirlpool.
• Hoverboards can no longer be used by a B.R.U.T.E.
• The damage condition of a B.R.U.T.E. Appears now when players equipped with a vehicle wrap a B.R.U.T.E. that was previously unoccupied.
• Reloading a BRUTE shotgun no longer makes it possible to fire missiles.
• Fixed a bug that caused the BRUTE air blast to inflict more damage on Horde spawners than intended.
• The self-destruct timer of a BRUTE can not be stopped anymore.
• Change of seat in a B.R.U.T.E. When rockets are loaded, they can no longer emote.
• Entering a B.R.U.T.E. no longer causes players to lose the ability to use weapons or items when leaving.
• In the oasis near Paradise Palms, a Rift Beacon has created the Pandora Rift Zone.
• Part of the Fortnite X Mayhem Collab.
• This Rift Zone is very similar to the planet Pandora. But it is more than just a model. It even applies the rules of the planet!
• During the time in the Rift Zone, players begin to generate shields after having suffered no damage for 4 seconds.
• Pandora is available until the 10th of September.
• Crossable paths have been added that connect the city with the surrounding hills.
• This is to improve the experience in late game circles that take place in Tilted Town.
• Increased time between consecutive Turbo Build placements from 0.05 seconds to 0.15.
• The first placement of a structure with Turbo Build remains the same.
• Safezones no longer move during shrinkage in the later stages of a game.
• Note: This change does not affect Arena and Tournament playlists.
• This change was implemented on August 23rd.
• Take a BRUTE into the Tilted Town Rift Zone. No longer causes the screen filter and no-building effect to remain after exiting the Rift Zone.
• From a B.R.U.T.E. no longer causes players to enter an inadvertent down-but-emergency-out state where they can run / run and can not be revived.
• Fixed an issue where Horde members would not attack players in a BRUTE.  • Damaging a BRUTE no longer counts for the storm surge damage threshold.
• Players in indestructible buildings can no longer be damaged by a junk crack.
• Destroying a chest or ammunition container by destroying the object it is placed on opens it now.
ART + ANIMATION
• Fixed an issue where Catalyst's left arm was idled through multiple backpacks in the lobby.
• The Y0ND3R outfit and EQ Wrap are now properly animated on PlayStation 4.
• Boarding a BRUTE in the Tilted Town Rift Zone and then out of the Rift Zone in the B.R.U.T.E. no longer makes the player's outfit unable to return to the outfitted outfit.
• The shape of the Junk Rift's audio attenuation has been changed from a bullet to a capsule.
• This is to make junk rift objects more audible when they appear high.
• The volume of the Minigun overheating audio has been reduced.
• The Frag-Grenade's fuse sound no longer appears as it is thrown.
• The battlebuss audio no longer plays in the wrong place on Starter Island.
• Fixed an issue where the spawn sound effects of Junk Rift objects were not played when the thrown projectile hit a player.
• Fixed an issue where players could not see the first sign-up challenges during X Season.
• The BRUTE shooter mode input interface no longer displays the wrong i input for players using a controller.
• Fixed an issue where the player icon was not properly updated while the player's locker outfit was set to Random.
• There was no rounding error in Health and Shield displays after dressing or small shields.
• Fixed an issue where a wrong group of team members was displayed in the social area.
• Local repeats now have the same hovering pallet as server / broadcast replay.
• After eliminating a player in a replay, the camera now follows its team members or the player who eliminated them.
• The HUD repetition controls have been rearranged and slightly modified.
• In this context, the button for accessing the player list has been removed. However, players can still access the player list from the map screen.
• On August 20, we disabled server streaming retries on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One to improve stability and resolve performance issues.
• Fixed an issue where some of the smaller Junk Rift objects would no longer be hidden when rewound after hitting the ground.
• Thrown Junk Rift projectiles are no longer duplicated in repeats Objects that hit the ground in repetitions are no longer displayed as objects.
• Fixed an issue where the audio effects of the Junk Rift did not occur in repetitions during the first run of the game after patching. This will reduce attach and load times when waiting to leave the Battle Bus.
• 60FPS support has been re-enabled for iPhone 8.
• The images displayed on the screen during the patching process have been updated.  Bug Fixes
• Playlist tiles, "New" tiles, and Event Page tiles now display the correct images.
• Fixed collision problems between characters and some cosmetics.
• Fixed an audio problem when using BRUTE on Android.
• Resetting the movie does not cause a black screen.
• Font alignment in the Challenges menu has been corrected.
• Fixed a problem where ammo belts floated while players were in a BRUTE.
• Fixed an issue where Autofire was active against some vehicles.