Fortnite v6.10 wants add-in tournaments, Epic has been announced through its official site. Tournaments wants to be in the over the course of several hours and win as much as they can. If you achieve the score goal, you'll get a pin to celebrate. Some special tournaments want to use the pins as qualifiers for the next tier of a tournament or win prizes.
Tournaments wants to be open to all players, but you'll need to opt in for crossplay to compete. All players participating in a tournament wants to be treated as equal to their control input – mouse and keyboard, controller, or touch. Epic says it's been watching carefully during the Summer Skirmish, PAX West, and Fall Skirmish events, and has made it a match for mouse-and-keyboard players.
Matchmaking during a tournament session wants to match you against players with similar point standing. In the coming months, Epic wants to play tournaments to multiple places with pins acting as qualifiers. Players can even earn a spot for the 201
The first tournament kicks off this week, and the initial tests will continue over the next few weeks.
- Alpha Tournament (Solo)
- Dates: October 16 – October 21
- Description: Participating in the first in-game tournament, spanning across several days of daily competition!
- Beta Tournament (Duo)
- Dates: October 23 – October 25
- Description: Grab a friend and take on the world – until you are the last two left.
- Friday Night Fortnite (Squad)
- Dates: October 19 – November 30
- Description: Join your friends every Friday and kick off your weekend with some exciting Squad action.
- Salty Springs Cup (Solo)
- Dates: October 27 – October 31
- Description: One week and three attempts to prove you the saltiest that Salty Springs has to offer. [TomatoTempleCup(duo)
- Dates: October 28 – November 1
- Description : Become Legend of the Tomato Temple Cup.