No matter what system you play on, Fortnite has something new for you to try out with its new update. However, those in the ongoing Fortnite Mobile iOS test may look forward to some platform-specific enhancements.
Fortnite's 3.4 update is overwritten by its new content – the guided missile weapon and the Sniper Shootout v2 mode. But there are other changes. As described in the patch notes, mobile players now receive a new message when trying to run the game on an unsupported device. It will let you know which iPhone and iPad models can run the game. There is also a message indicating that the game does not support jailbroken devices.
Regardless of which iOS device you use, you now benefit from 4X MSAA anti-aliasing, designed to sharpen the look of the game. You can also use Whisper and Party Text Chat, and the way doors are automatically opened has changed. In addition, there is a new tutorial when you play for the first time to explain the controls.
Also worth mentioning a new "Game Data Download System", which according to Epic should make future updates "much smaller". You can get a small update on the App Store, and when you open the game, a 1.8 GB update is downloaded. During this process, you will see the above screen, which will go through a series of images highlighting the key features of the game, tips for playing, and an explanation of the basic controls.
In addition to these new features, a variety of mobile specific bugs have been fixed. You can see all patch notes that apply only to mobile devices. Battle Pass owners now have new week 6 challenges.
Fortnite Mobile-Specific 3.4 Update Patch Notes
- The message & # 39; Unsupported Device & # 39; was added at startup for specific devices. This message is:
- "We're sorry, Fortnite needs a device with 2GB of memory Fortnite works with: iPhone SE, 6S, 6S Plus, 7, 7 Plus, 8, 8 Plus, X, iPad Mini 4, Air 2, 2017, Pro. "
- A new system for downloading game data has been added, with which we can make much smaller updates in the future.
- When you start this new version of Fortnite, downloading will start all game data that is full size (about 1.8 GB).
- Antialiasing (4x MSAA) is now enabled on all supported devices.
- Whispers and Party Text Chat are now enabled on mobile devices.
- A short tutorial for & # 39; Tap to Swing & # 39; added, which will be displayed on first startup.
- Added a message informing players that jailbroken devices are not supported.
- Automatic opening of doors is now based on typing instead of the player's current speed
- Continuous attack with the Harvesting Tool is now more consistent when you double-tap and hold the right side
- The left fire button is now more reliable and responsive.
- The opening of treasure chests is now more responsive.
- Various inconsistencies in shooting were fixed, which made it more accurate.
- The minimap has been corrected to block movement and seek input
- Fixed an issue that caused misfires when the screen was tapped and connected to the HUD.
- Fixed some issues that prevented Tap, Tap + Hold from being registered on iPhone X.
- Fixed a crash that could occur when you quickly taped on the Epic Friends list.
- Fixed Impulse Grenade effects were not visible at low settings.
- Turbo Building and Automatic Material Swapping settings are now saved correctly.
- Weapons and consumables can no longer be picked up automatically by the descending player.