Fortnites Playground mode has returned to Battle Royale. The time-limited mode is now live in the game on PS4, Xbox One, PC, Nintendo Switch and mobile. As promised, a lot of changes have been made, and developer Epic Games has described in detail everything that's been new since we last saw it.
There are many and many changes, one of which is that players can now switch between teams during the game. The idea is that you can swap pages to work with friends on strategies and then improve your martial arts. Voice chat is enabled for all teams, but Epic plans to add more customization options in the future.
Also new to this second iteration of Playground is that, as promised, there's more loot; 1
These are just a small part of the changes. You can see the full patch notes below.
While waiting for Playground to return to Fortnite, the game's first birthday event is now taking place, adding birthday cake to the island. You can also earn special cosmetics by completing challenges and tasks. More information can be found in our Fornite 1st Birthday Challenge Guide.
Fortnite Playground LTM Changes
- Players can now switch between teams in the game. Join the same team to collaborate creatively, join separate teams to fight each other!
- Note: Voice chat remains enabled for all teams, and future iterations of the mode provide more customization.
- Aiming works when a gamepad is used against players of an opposing team.
- The matches no longer end when a player leaves the server.
- Golf Carts have been added and spawn 100% of the time.
- Ammo cans spawn 10x ammunition.
- Gray vending machines were removed, the chances of higher levels were increased machine spawning.
- Increased Launch & Bounce Pads Spawn Likelihood.
- Weakened height of the Force Glider to allow players to return to the action faster.
- Increasing the maximum rocket ammo cap to 60.
- Increased Rocket Ammunition Droprate
- Added 100 supply drops.
- Chests now generate 3 weapons and more ammunition and consumables than normal.
- Ground Loot now generates 3 items.
- Increased breeding jug and slurp juice chances of reduced bandages
- Chug jugs were added to loo t.
- Respawn timer lowered from 10s to 3s.
- Get on the Battle Royale map alone or with up to a full squad for one hour.
- Players respawn immediately unless they are eliminated by the storm
- The storm does not start for 55 minutes and takes 5 minutes to get closer.
- The harvested resources have increased tenfold.
- 100 Llamas are generated on the map.
- Chests & ammo boxes spawn 100%.