Fortnite continues to evolve, and its developers give a brief glimpse of some great new additions to the game that are coming in the near future on PS4, Xbox One, PC and iOS. After a major new content update that introduced Jetpacks to the game, Epic Games has released its fifth developmental level as a window for future content, with controller improvements, quality of life improvements, more time-limited modes, and a new playground mode that respawns on the Way allowed.
Playground is a time-limited mode that loads you into the Battle Royale map for a longer period of time to play around on the map. There will be more resources, all treasure chests and ammo boxes will be present, and friendly fire will be provided, but with immediate respawn. We were also promised that there will be "Lloads of Llamas" along the way.
Epic also optimizes controllers. It says that after reporting that Builder Pro is patchy, it has made significant improvements. The same goes for the turbo-building feature, which should be faster and more enjoyable to use. An optional "Goal Wizard" comes in edit mode, which will drag your crosshair to the nearest square as you work your buildings.
There are performance improvements along the way: Epic optimizes load times and promises to increase server performance. As for the gameplay, here are some of the changes and additions on the way:
- Challenge Progress Notifications ̵
- In-world markers – Marking positions on the map is a great way to communicate with your team Often, the compass mark is not enough to get you to your location. We are exploring ways to display an in-world marker that allows easier navigation around the island.
- Victory Royale Screen – Getting a Royal win should be an unforgettable experience, and the victory screen should support this. We want to refresh the celebration and make it a little more rewarding.
- High Resolution Mini Map – The ability to zoom in on the map has been added in a recent update, but the resolution of the image is not. It's not as good as we want it to be. Our goal is to capture the world with as much detail as possible to find out where you are!
- Better Step and Vertical Audio – Our v4.2 update had some improvements in the audio steps where we added a bit more variation to the up / down sounds. We know that it is still difficult to identify the enemy position in high density locations (such as Tilted Towers), and we will continue to elaborate on that.
There are many more changes to Fortnite along the way, and you can get the game's latest development for all the details. In the meantime, read about the new additions and latest challenges that have just arrived in Fortnites 4.2 Content Update.