قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Fourth confirmed measles cases in Monroe County

Fourth confirmed measles cases in Monroe County



Another case of measles has been confirmed by the Monroe County Health Department. (Photo: CDC)

Rochester, N.Y. (WHAM) ̵

1; Another case of measles has been confirmed by the Monroe County Department of Health.

This confirms a total of four measles cases in Monroe County. All four were diagnosed within the last four weeks.

Monroe County Health Department officials said the exposure risk was very low because the person whose case had been confirmed was not with others during their infectious period. Officials would not confirm the patient's age, location or gender, nor would the new case be a vaccinated or unvaccinated person.

"We believe this is an isolated case at the moment," said Monroe County Health Commissioner Michael Mendoza when the first case was announced to the public on 3 January.

However, just three weeks later, it was confirmed that two more pupils from a primary school in Spencerport also had measles.

None of these three children were vaccinated.

MORE: Spencerport measles cases linked to children who had received vaccination exceptions

Those who were born before January 1, 1957 or who received two doses of MMR – or measles, mumps, and Rubella vaccine – are considered immune. The Health Department recommends that children who have received only one dose of the MMR vaccine receive a second dose from their doctor as soon as possible.

When a child becomes ill, it must not be sent to school. Parents suspected that their child is ill must call a doctor or an emergency room of the child before caring to avoid exposing others. You must also contact the Monroe County Health Department at (585) 753-5164.


Source link