قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / French officials criticize USA over announced military retreat in Syria

French officials criticize USA over announced military retreat in Syria



French PM Edouard Phillippe said Tuesday that his country's armed forces would stay in Syria to fight ISIS and defend Kurdish forces fighting the terrorist group.

Syrian Democratic Forces [SDF] ", Phillippe told the French legislature and used another term for ISIS. He then added, "It's better to say things with consistency and coherence than to react to apparent hesitation from certain players, especially our American friends."

ERDOGAN THROUGH MILITARY ACTION IN SYRIA, US GROUP BLACKS ALL-OUT AT ATTACK [19659004] French military minister Florence Parly also expressed frustration over the US decision on Monday and told reporters: "We will be extremely cautious that this announced withdrawal from the US and a possible offensive by Turkey have no dangerous consequences. [move]] that distracts from the goal we all pursue ̵

1; the fight against the Islamic state – which is dangerous to the local population. "

" We must be extremely vigilant that a maneuver of this sort can not operate contrary to the coalition's objective [and] Strengthen Daesh, rather than weakening and exterminating it, "added Parly.

The French forces lead ISIS has taken responsibility for several attacks on French soil in response to these operations since September 2014.

The Trump administration announced late Sunday that US forces are deployed in northeastern Syria The following day amid cross-party criticism, tweeted the President : "I was elected when I came out of these ridiculous endless wars in which our great military was serving as a police force Benefits of people who do not even do it like the US. "

TRUMP DEFECTS DECISION TO RESTORE DROPS FROM SYRIA IN RELATION TO GOP CRITICISM.

Trump also threatened to" completely destroy and destroy the Turkish economy if Ankara "does all that I have in it My great and unsurpassed wisdom is [sic]. "

Government officials argue that Trump is using a strategy to respond to Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan's demand during a telephone conversation with Trump on Sunday that he has a military invasion of Syria ahead exaggerating. Erdogan appeared to have rejected a joint US-Turkey plan that had already been implemented to create a buffer zone on the Syrian side of the border to address Turkey's security concerns. The execution of this plan involved the dismantling of some Kurdish defenses on the Syrian side of the border.

Without saying that his government was still trying to dissuade Erdogan from invading, Trump ordered the 50 to 100 US troops in that zone to be withdrawn for security reasons. He then emphasized his desire to withdraw completely from Syria, although no such broader withdrawal has yet begun.

CLICK HERE TO OBTAIN THE FOX NEWS APP

Officials told The Associated Press that Turkish troops were contracted along the border Tuesday to prepare for an invasion across the border. However, they said that so far there have been no signs of actual attack onset.

The officials, who had no authority to discuss military intelligence details, said that between 5,000 and 10,000 Turkish troops along the border appeared to be operational. The officials said they expect the Turks to begin air raids, followed by barrage firing of heavy artillery along the border and the entry of ground forces into Syria.

Kurdish forces have some air defenses, such as rockets, but would be surpassed by the Turks.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.


Source link