What You Need to Know
- A new cumulative update is now available for the Windows Update of May 1
- This update moves the build number to 18362,267, but no new features.
Microsoft has released another cumulative update this week for PCs running the Windows 10 update of May 2019. Like all cumulative releases, this update does not include any new features. Instead, it contains a number of bug fixes that fix a number of issues that have occurred in previous builds.
This release includes some highlights, including fixes for handling PDF documents by Microsoft Edge and fixes for a bug that would prevent Windows from hiring after restarting your PC. The following is a complete list of fixes for build 18362.267:
- Fixes an issue where the last login of a local user could not be recorded even if the user accessed the server's network share.
- Fixes an issue that will break domain trust if you enable the Recycle Bin in the domain where the trust was established.
- Fixes an issue where Windows Hello Facial Authentication will not work after a reboot.
Updates the time zone information for Brazil.
- Fixes an issue where Microsoft Edge can print PDF documents with pages in landscape and portrait orientation correctly.
- Fixes a problem with PDF files that are configured to open only once in Microsoft Edge.
- Fixes a problem where colors may be displayed incorrectly when an image is displayed on 10-bit display panels.
- Fixes a problem that may prevent you from changing the display brightness when you use certain video drivers after you return from sleep or hibernation.
- Fixes a problem where the Windows Graphics Device Interface (GDI +) returns an empty font family name for DB.ttf.
- Fixes an issue where pressing and releasing the mouse sometimes causes an extra mouse movement event.
- Fixes a problem where the UI may stop responding for several seconds when scrolling in windows with many child windows.
- Fixes an issue where autologon can not be bypassed by holding down the Shift key at startup.
- Fixes an issue that may prevent a device from entering sleep mode when certain applications based on Bluetooth are open.
- Fixes a problem that can affect Bluetooth audio quality when using certain audio profiles for extended periods of time.
- Fixes an issue that prevents Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) scripts from running when not connected to a domain controller. App-V scripts will also fail if you run them in an environment that contains only Microsoft Azure Active Directory.
- Fixes an issue that causes an error when you open Microsoft OneDrive files on demand when User Experience Virtualization (UE-V) is enabled. Set the following DWORD to 1 to apply this solution: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE SOFTWARE Microsoft UEV Agent Configuration ApplyExplorerCompatFix
- Fixes a problem with UE-V that sometimes prevents the operation of exclusion paths.
- Fixes a problem where a system with a Trusted Platform Module (TPM) may stop working.
- Fixes a problem that prevents a system from recognizing a Microsoft account or an Azure Active Directory account until the user logs off and logs on again.
- Fixes an issue where the Netlogon service may not be able to set up a secure channel, and reports error "0xC000007A – ERROR_PROC_NOT_FOUND".
- Fixes an issue where the Personal Identification Number (PIN) policy (minimum length, required digits, and special characters, etc.) for Windows Hello for Business can not be updated if the computer already has a PIN.
- Fixes an issue where an error occurs when creating a recovery drive (USB flash drive): "0x80042405 [gle=0x00000715]".
- Fixes an issue where an Android emulator based on the virtual machine platform can not start on some systems.
- Fixes an issue where a local user account is logged on using a temporary profile if the account has a mandatory roaming user profile configured. The error "We can not log in to your account" is displayed. The application event log contains event 1521, and the event source is listed as the Microsoft Windows User Profile service.
- Fixes a problem where working folder status in File Explorer is changed to 0x80C802A0 (ECS_E_SYNC_UPLOAD_PLACEHOLDER_FAILURE) after freeing space.
- Fixes an issue that could cause a Remote Desktop server to stop responding when it disconnects from a person using drive redirection.
- Fixes an issue where the Remote Access Connection Manager (RASMAN) service may stop working. The error "0xc0000005" may be displayed on devices that have the diagnostic data level manually configured to the non-default setting of 0. You may also see an error in the "Application" section of Windows logs in Event Viewer with Event ID 1000, which points to "svchost" .exe_RasMan "and" rasman.dll. "This problem only occurs when a VPN is running Profile is configured as an Always On VPN (AOVPN) connection with or without a device tunnel.
- Fixes an issue that causes applications on a container host to temporarily lose connection. A port conflict with applications
- Fixes a problem that temporarily blocks connections to a corporate network when Always On VPN is used with the IKEv2 protocol.Connections are not always made automatically, and sometimes manual connections fail In this scenario, if you call the RasDial feature from the command line for the destination VPN connection, the error "ERROR_PORT_NOT_AVA ILABLE (633) "is displayed. Canada, India, United Kingdom), French (France), German (Germany), Italian (Italy), Portuguese (Brazil) and Spanish (Mexico, Spain).
- Fixes an issue when opening or using the Window Eyes Screen Reader application, which may cause an error and prevent some functions from working as expected.
- Fixes an issue preventing an App-V application from opening and displaying a network error. This problem occurs under certain circumstances, e.g. If the system battery is low or there is an unexpected power failure.
- Fixes an issue that prevents an App-V application from opening when the client is offline and has a startup script defined for The App-V Application.
- Fixes a rare issue where Windows Defender Advanced Threat Protection (ATP) temporarily prevents other processes from accessing files.
- Fixes an issue where the Start menu stops responding when new users log on in Windows 10, version 1903.
- Updates Windows Ink Workspace by simplifying the menu and adding direct integration with the Microsoft Whiteboard app for better cooperation.
If you are running the Windows 10 update from May 2019, you can now get these fixes through Windows Update. Manual updates are also available through the Microsoft Update Catalog.
We LOVE Portable (and Affordable) Power Supplies
Each of these chargers keeps your favorite gear and equipment running longer, and none of them cost more than $ 30.
This post may contain affiliate links , For more information, see our disclosure policy.