Flights in Gatwick were again suspended due to a new "suspected drone sighting".
A spokeswoman for Britain's second-largest airport said, "We're hearing a report on another drone sighting we are investigating." 1
Aircraft circle over the area as they are currently unable to land. The sighting was allegedly at 17:10 GMT.
The Ministry of Defense has not confirmed the sighting, but Sussex police said their officials have opened an investigation.
Gatwick had previously reopened for several hours after drones that flew over the airfield closed the airport for more than a day.
The airport was initially closed on Wednesday around 9:30 pm after the first drone sighting.
The police believe that more than one unmanned aircraft is responsible for it and are investigating the possibility of multiple perpetrators.
Earlier, the officers announced that they had identified themselves as "persons of interest".
In a statement, the Sussex police confirmed that the operations were suspended again for security reasons.
The troupe said, "Sussex police are supporting the airport and are proactively investing significant resources in finding and locating the drone and its operators and to ensure the safety of the traveling public and everyone at and around the airport."
Passengers hit people behind the incident.
A woman named Poppy Smithers, hoping to fly to Doha and then to Auckland, said it was "very disturbing, somehow selfish".
The newlywed Emily had just arrived at the airport to spend a honeymoon in Argentina. She and her husband had expected to fly at 9:30 pm.
"It's a bit heartbreaking because we've been looking forward to it for a long time," she told BBC Radio 5 live.
All check-ins were suspended until further notice in the next 90 minutes.
"That does not sound very promising at the moment," she said.
Offs or Landings since the last closed sightings. So far, eleven flights have been diverted.
During a break on Thursday, 760 flights had to arrive or depart from the airport, but all were on the ground.
On Friday, 155 flights were canceled while the airport had normalized.
Gatwick's Chief Operating Officer, Chris Woodroofe, said Friday morning that 120,000 passengers who were arriving or flying had not traveled since Wednesday night.
Were you hit by the suspension of flights at Gatwick Airport? You can email.
If you would like to speak with a BBC journalist, please provide a contact number. You can also contact us in the following ways:
- WhatsApp: +44 7555 173285
- Tweet: @BBC_HaveYourSay
- Submit pictures / videos to [your own]
- Or upload your pictures / videos here
- SMS or MMS to 61124 or +44 7624 800 100