قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / US / Gilroy Garlic Festival Shooting: There was probably no second shooter, police said

Gilroy Garlic Festival Shooting: There was probably no second shooter, police said



He was seen in surveillance videos retrieved from the shops he had visited before the shootings.

"Our investigations are increasingly suggesting that there was no second person involved," said Smithee. "I do not think I can say that with absolute certainty at this point, because we are still following the clues."

Shortly after the attack, the authorities said they were looking for a second gunman, from whom witnesses said that it might have been involved in the shooting. Later, however, Smithee said that several people gave different descriptions of that person.

The Sagittarius identified as Santino William Legan (1

9) broke through a back fence on Sunday to reach the festival at Gilroy's Christmas Hill Park and began shooting at random. Said Smithee. Legan killed three people and injured at least twelve others with an assault rifle he had bought weeks earlier in Nevada.

The police killed the shooter within a minute of opening the fire.

Smithee said the authorities found a shotgun in the suspect's car parked northeast of the park. A bag was recovered with additional ammunition from an area of ​​a stream, said the police chief.

Following the shootout, FBI and Sheriff Mineral County members raided a residence in Walker, Nevada, which is believed to be used by the shooter. They found several items, including empty ammunition boxes, a bag of ammunition shells and a bag with pamphlets on weapons. According to court records, the authorities have filed a lawsuit with the Hawthorne Justice Court.

The mass shootings at the city's popular food festival, about 30 miles southeast of San Jose, killed 6-year-old Stephen Romero, 13-year-old Keyla Salazar, and Trevor Irby, a 2017 graduate. [19659009] The authorities continue to seek clues from the public as the investigation progresses.


Source link