قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Girl loses both legs after doctors mistook meningitis for belly bugs

Girl loses both legs after doctors mistook meningitis for belly bugs



A 7-year-old girl in England lost both feet to meningitis after doctors falsely sent her home and said she had only one "belly bugs," according to a Sunday report.

Just a few hours, "said the girl's mother, Aimee Partridge, to The Sun," then the doctors confirmed our worst fears.

The little Brogan Partridge vacationed with her parents in Cornwall in 2016 when she started to vomit after a day at the hospital, according to the newspaper.

Her parents took her to an emergency room where doctors misdiagnosed the deadly infection, she told the sales outlet.

"She did not seem to be herself. She had a sleepless night and had to vomit, "said 28-year-old Aimee Partridge from Birmingham. "They sent us home saying they only had a belly bug."

Later she had a bruise on her legs, and her parents rushed her back to the hospital.

  Brogan Partridge's legs before the amputations
Brogan Partridge's legs before the amputations Caters News Agency

The doctors then found in her blood a high bacterial content that caused her so much pain that forced her was to have their feet amputated.

"We were devastated when Brogan had to amputate her left foot for septicemia," she said. "Later we were told that she also had to have her right foot amputated."

Brogan is now 11 and uses foot prostheses.

"She is determined to regain her full independence," said her mother. 19659014]
Source link