NEW ORLEANS (AP) – A judge in Louisiana ordered that NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell and three officials of the NFC title game be questioned under oath in January about the infamous "no-call" that helped the Los Angeles Rams Defeating New Orleans Saints said Monday in the NFC title game, a lawyer.
Attorney Antonio LeMon, who had filed a lawsuit over the game that propelled the Rams to the Super Bowl, said he and the league attorneys would select a mutually acceptable date for the deposition in New Orleans – with the exception of League appeals that could delay or cancel the survey.
A spokesman for the league declined to comment.
LeMon's lawsuit claims $ 75,000 in compensation to be donated to charity for failure to passport or harshness punishment for Rams cornerback Nickell Robey-Coleman for his helmet-to-helmet goal against receiver Tommylee Lewis long before a pass came. The no-call came at a crucial time in the game against the New Orleans Saints. The Rams won and advanced to the Super Bowl.
The New Orleans Civil District Judge Nicole Sheppard decided earlier this month that LeMon's lawsuit could continue. She also decided that LeMon can request documents and ask questions from NFL officials. She said on Monday that the depositions should take place in September. According to LeMon, she has also scheduled August 22 for the next hearing in the lawsuit. This included a long-running effort to play the game or a significant part of it before the Rams hit the New England Patriots in the Super Bowl, which the Patriots won.
LeMon, whose claim is based on fraud by NFL officials, has formulated its claim in a way that it will not be overturned by a federal court, also because the alleged damage is minimized. He said Monday that he plans to raise funds for former Saint Stephen's charity Steve Gleason to help people with neuromuscular diseases. Gleason was diagnosed with ALS in 201