The new feature should also remind you of the birthday of one of "Your People". But the feature does not seem functional at this stage. However, if you want to associate a nickname / relationship with a phone number from your contacts, you can do so. To connect between a nickname / relationship and a name in your contact list, follow these steps:
- Open the Google Search Google Search app.
- Tap Talk Microphone or say "Ok Google," and then type in a nickname of your contacts. Example: "Diane is my mom."
- If you have multiple contacts with the same first name, select the right person.
- Under "Save a relationship," tap Done Done.
- After the nickname is added, you can contact them by saying things like "text my sister" or "email my mother".
Valid nickname / relationship you can link to:
- Mother / Mother / Mother / Mother
- Father / Father / Father
- Grandfather / Grandpa / Granddad
- grandmother / grandmother
- assistant [1
To remove a nickname or relationship, Google simply says something like "Jeff is not my friend". When the contact appears, tap Done under Remove Nickname. Once the Your People feature is live, we'll let you know. Just get in touch with your people.
The new version of the app also contains code that could indicate future features. For example, it seems that users can not only use Google Lens on the rear camera (s), but also with front-facing sensors. Another code sequence indicates that Google should allow users to set up custom routines based on a schedule. We could also see Google Assistant on a smart display that shows video of the news and is not limited to audio. We also saw that the lite mode was removed, which made it possible to use simplified search results and search the web with 80% less data. This mode was automatically activated when a slow connection was detected. Send to Device sends information from a smartphone or smart display to another device.