We reported that earlier today Animal crossing: new horizons has sold an absolutely incredible 22 million copies in just over three months. It’s all well and good, but how is it compared to the other major Switch versions of Nintendo?
As part of its three-month earnings release, Nintendo updated its official sales figures for Switch’s bestsellers. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe is still number one, but thanks to Animal Crossing, now the second best Switch game of all time, the huge lead has been reduced significantly.
You can see the full top ten below (remember, the data only references titles published by Nintendo).
The top ten selling Nintendo Switch games as of June 30, 2020:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe ̵
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 22.40 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 19.99 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 18.60 million
- Pokémon sword and shield – 18.22 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 18.06 million
- Pokémon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Let’s go, Eevee! – 12.20 million
- Super Mario Party – 10.94 million
- Splatoon 2 – 10.71 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 7.44 million
The numbers above relate to global sales and include retail, digital, and copies bundled with hardware. Nintendo also announced that lifetime switch hardware sales have now reached over 61 million units, which is equivalent to the NES.
Any surprises in the top ten? Feel free to share your thoughts below.