The standard Google background is not all that inspiring. In fact, the barren white screen is actually pretty boring, despite the company's often written with its name written out about the search bar.
But the good news is that you're not stuck with that plain white background; in fact, you can choose from thousands of different backgrounds images, so your Google searches will always start with an image you love.
And as changing a few seconds, you can change it as often as you please, be that seasonally, weekly, or first thing in the morning each and every day. Here's how to do it.
First, fire up the Google Chrome browser. And if you're using Safari or Firefox or some other browser, close it down and switch to Chrome, it's just the option that allows for background alterations.
. Sign in your Google account, then click the three dots stacked atop each other at the top right side of the Google home screen.
2. On the dropdown menu that appears, click the word "Settings."
3. Scroll down to the section "Appearances" and then click on the word "Themes."
4. Some of the most popular background options are in multiple categories, such as "Space Exploration," "A Splash of Color," and "Enchanting Places." Click any image you want to use, or click "View All" in a category you like.
5. Once you have selected a theme, click on it, then click the blue box that reads "Add to Chrome" on the next page.
6. When you go to the Google homepage, you should see your new background.
7. To undo your background and bring the words back to the next section, click "Reset to default" next to "Themes" in the "Appearances" section of your settings.
And that's it, you can now enjoy a customized search experience. It makes more sense to use different accounts to help people who share a computer with their account.
Using personal backgrounds is a good idea for the shared family computer as well as for a computer in a school's lab, a library, or course of the workplace.