I spend a lot of time personalizing every aspect of my laptop: inserting the sticker on top, dividing all my icons into folders on my desktop and using my favorite GIFs as a background on Google Chrome, thanks to a little trick I learned at TikTok.
It’s a super simple process that makes using Google Chrome feel a little more personal. It only takes a few seconds and you no longer have a desolate white background like this:
about this very good GIF by Marceline who is performing a song in Adventure time.
To customize your own Google Chrome page:
- Find a GIF you want to use. Right click to bring up the drop down menu.
- After selecting the “Save As” option, make sure that “.PNG” is inserted after the name
- Change it under “Format” from GIF to “All files”. It should look something like the picture below.
- Next, open a new Google Chrome tab and click the “Customize” option at the bottom right. The symbol looks like a small pen or wand.
- You will be greeted with this ad. Click “Upload from device” and find the GIF you saved as a PNG.
- And now your Google Chrome page should play the GIF!