قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / I was a man. I decided it would be okay – but it was not like that

I was a man. I decided it would be okay – but it was not like that



A Florida man who has sustained a carnivorous bacterial infection on his buttocks is on his way to recovery after surviving six life-saving operations in six days.

Mike O'Grady, 68, lives in Citrus County, fell ill After a May holiday on St. George Island in Apalachicola, a bay on the Gulf of Mexico. During the ride he entered the warm water for swimming. According to his wife, he had a condition known as necrotizing fasciitis.

Grady told the WFLA that he had initially refused to seek medical help after a boil had appeared on his buttocks, but asked his wife to take him to the hospital after the situation had become unbearable.

"It got worse every day, but I was a man, I decided it would be okay, I do not want anyone looking, I'm fine," he said in an interview. "It was very, very intense, I mean, my buttocks were swollen, I looked like J-Lo when I went to the hospital." O "Grady said the infection had become so severe that it could cost him his life to wait another 8 hours.

"I could have died of it, yes, that's what they said," he told the WFLA, urging others to ask for help if they notice signs of illness after swimming in similar conditions.

Earlier this week, a Georgia man named Tony Meredith became infected with a necrotizing fasciitis after wandering off Florida's Panama City Beach into the Gulf of Mexico.

] While Meredith survived, others who suffered from carnivorous diseases were less fortunate. At the end of June, a woman died as a result of complications during an operation following a necrotizing fasciitis during a walk in the water at Coquina Beach, Florida. Also in the last month, a bacterium causing the disease has been linked to the death of a 78-year-old man, CBS reported.

After great care we are at home! As Mike recovers, we think about God's care … a brilliant team of doctors, incredible nurses, experienced caregivers, and friends who have loved us so much!

Posted by Kelli Lakeman O, Grady on Thursday, July 11, 2019

Oy's wife said on social media that her husband was hospitalized on June 27. "Please pray for Mike, as he is tired, the recovery is long and slow," she wrote. Grady confirmed on Facebook that he had been fired and said he was "blessed" for the support of friends and family. He noted that he had received "incredible help from surgeons, doctors, and all nursing staff," adding that he had lost 27 pounds during treatment.

After the surgery, "Grady told ABC Action News that the infection might have occurred, entering his system via a" tiny tiny injection site "on his body. "It could happen to anyone, it has alerted me to my mortality, that life is precious," he added.

  Bacteria "title =" Bacteria "width =" 737 "itemprop =" contentUrl "/>
</source></source></source></source></picture><meta itemprop=
File photo: Microscopic background with blue bacteria. Mike O'Grady, who lives in Lecanto, Citrus County, fell ill after vacationing on St. George Island in Apalachicola.
iStock

Necrotizing fasciitis spreads rapidly. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), rapid antibiotic treatment and immediate surgery are often required to prevent death. Bacteria usually invade the body through a skin injury, including bites or cuts.

Early symptoms of necrotizing fasciitis may include a red or swollen area of ​​skin that spreads rapidly, severe pain and fever. It is very rarely an infectious disease, so the medical experts.

The CDC states, "Necrotizing fasciitis can lead to sepsis, shock and organ failure, and lifelong complications from loss of limbs or severe scarring can surgically remove infected tissue." It is said that up to 1 in 3 people are affected NF die from the infection. [July 29, 2009] On July 10, the Florida Department of Health in Bay County urged everyone to swim in state waters so as not to enter when they had skin tears, such as fresh cuts or scratches. "In extremely rare cases, certain bacteria in the water can lead to necrotizing fasciitis or severe infections with Vibrio vulnificus," warned a warning.

}} (Function (d, s, id) { var js, fjs = d.getElementsByTagName (s) [0]; if (d.getElementById (id)) return; js = d.createElement (s); js.id = id; js.src = "//connect.facebook.net/en_US/sdk.js#xfbml=1&appId=245537789135954&version=v3.3"; fjs.parentNode.insertBefore (js, fjs) } (document, & # 39; script & # 39 ;, & # 39; facebook-jssdk & # 39;);
Source link