- Google boss Sundar Pichai sent an internal email on Tuesday rejecting an employee protest that was scheduled for Thursday, according to a New York Times report, pointing out the way in which how the company protected some employees from sexual misconduct charges.
- would be "aware of the planned activities for Thursday" and the staff would have the "support" they need.
Sundar Pichai, CEO of Google Paul & # 39; s, sent an internal email on Tuesday rejecting an employee rally following a New York Times bomb report of sexual misconduct in the company. Pichai reports in a communication to CNBC.
previously received by Axios, follows a memo he sent to his staff last week in which he wrote that the company has made changes in recent years to "inappropriate behavior" in the case of inappropriate behavior at work and 48 people, including 13, have dismissed executives in the last two years without exit packages.
In his recent memorandum, Pichai makes it clear that the company had also not provided exit packages for employees who had resigned while the company was investigating sexual harassment claims.
The original New York Times report alleged that Google had given the former Android leader Andy Rubin an exit package worth $ 90 million, even though he found sexual transgressions against him credible (Rubin denied Misbehavior by speaker) on and on Twitter).
Richard DeVaul, another of the Times' inappropriate employees, resigned Tuesday.
Considering the Times coverage of how Google has shielded part of their system, executives are organizing a walk-out of a group of employees on Thursday. Pichai said in his recent note that Eileen Naughton, the head of Goos People Operations, will see to it that managers know "the activities planned for Thursday" and that employees have the "support" they need.
Pichai also said his memo, which he had heard from many employees, some of whom formulated "constructive ideas" to improve Google's lawsuits and policies regarding sexual misconduct, and that the company would intervene on some of them. He also said that it was clear that the apology from a previous meeting with all hands was not enough, and he reiterated that he was "deeply sorry" that earlier actions had "caused pain".
More From CNBC