More and more women are looking for a liposuction, possibly to get a body that looks good in trendy sportswear, according to a leading cosmetic surgeon.
Rajiv Grover of the British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons announced that the procedures have increased by 1
He warned that there was no quick fix
An operation has both risks and benefits, and should be a "last resort," he said.
- Liposuction removes fat cells, but is no substitute for losing weight.
- She won I can not stop you from gaining weight.
- The amount of fat that can be removed from one area is limited by what is safe.
- It may not be possible to take off an area as much as you want to alter the contours of body parts such as the hips and abdomen.
- Select a surgeon who is properly trained and registered with the General Medical Council.
Source: British Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons
According to new figures, more than 28,000 plastic surgeries were performed in 2018, a slight increase of 0.1% over 2017.
Women underwent 92% of all recorded cosmetic procedures.
As in 2017, the three most popular procedures in women were breast augmentation, breast reduction and blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery).
The biggest gains in women were liposuction (+ 12%) and facelifting (+ 9%).
- What is the best way to get rid of belly fat?
- Mom's request to girls to wear leggings spark protests
Mr. Grover, who is conducting the exam, said, "The rise comes at a time when a fashion trend for women is sportswear and shows what kind of body you have instead of covering them up. "
Sport includes figure-hugging clothing such as leggings and bra tops, suitable for sports and everyday wear.
He said that the increase in liposuction could also be more women seeking fat loss through less invasive methods of freezing fat (although the exam data do not include non-surgical procedures).
"People should know that liposuction is not without risk," he said.
"An operation can not simply be returned to the store if you think about it."
He gave the example of footballer Denise Hendry, who passed away in 2009 in one of several surgeries to correct liposuction complications.
"People need to understand that liposuction is an invasive procedure that involves risks, and it's not a cure for obesity, there's no short cut, although it can be helpful in stubborn areas of fat.  "My advice? Eat healthy and move if you want to have this body in the gym. "
Kate Dale of Sport England's This Girl Can campaign said," We understand the pressures women feel – our research shows that fear of being judged is the main reason why many women are prevented from doing so to become active.
"It does not matter what you look like or how good you are, it's important that you become active for yourself."
Overall male cosmetics Surgical intervention decreased by 4.7% in 2018.
The main surgical procedures in 2018 (for men and women in the order of their popularity):
- Breast augmentation 7,745 – Decrease 6% over the previous year
- Breast reduction 4,299 – Increase 6%
- Blepharoplasty ( Eyelid surgery) 3,153 – 4% decrease
- Tummy tuck 2,912 – 6% increase
- Rhinoplasty 2,831 – 3% increase
- Liposuction 2,518 – 9% more
- Face / neck lift 2,134 – 7% more  Fat transfer 1,428 – 3% less
- Otoplasty (ear correction) 944 – 6% less
- Eyebrow Tightening 383 – Drop of 14%