قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Iran's foreign minister threatens "all-out war"

Iran's foreign minister threatens "all-out war"



The Iranian Foreign Minister warned Thursday on a comprehensive war if the US or Saudi Arabia were to launch military strikes in retaliation for the drone and rocket attacks on Saudi oil supplies.

Javad Zarif told CNN that Tehran was hoping to avoid conflicts, he added, saying the country was ready to hold talks with its regional rivals Saudi Arabia and the United Arab Emirates.

However, the top Iranian diplomat refused to negotiate with Washington unless the US had completely abolished the sanctions promised under the 2015 nuclear program, an agreement that President Trump withdrew last year.

Zarif again denied Iran's involvement in weekend raids on Saudi oil facilities.

He added that Yemen's Iranian-backed Houthi rebels ̵

1; who have taken responsibility for the attacks – have done so with the know-how to conduct a sophisticated operation, such as that which halved half of the Kingdom's energy production ,

But Zarif was unable to prove Houthis Lau was stuck in drones and missiles.

"I can not be sure they did because we just heard their testimony," Zarif told CNN. "I know we did not do it, I know that the Houthis have made a statement that they did."

Zarif's comments seemed to be a response to Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, who had resigned a day earlier his trip to Saudi Arabia called the attacks a "warfare act."

On CNN's question, what would be the result of an American or Saudi strike, Zarif said, "All-out war."

I make a very serious statement about the defense of our country and I make a very serious statement that we do not want to engage in a military confrontation – a military response to the "deception" over the weekend attacks would bring "many casualties." [19659011] Remains of the missiles, which the Saudi government says were used to attack an Aramco oil factory. ” width=”662″ height=”441″ srcset=”https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/iran-5450.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=300 300w, https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/iran-5450.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=640 640w, https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/iran-5450.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1280 1280w, https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/iran-5450.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=662 662w, https://thenypost.files.wordpress.com/2019/09/iran-5450.jpg?quality=90&strip=all&w=1324 1324w” data-sizes=”(max-width: 640px) 100vw, 662px”/>

Remains of the missiles, of which the Saudi government says they were used to attack an Aramco oil factory. REUTERS

He added, "But we Pompeo met with Saudi crown prince Mohammed bin Salman on Saturday in Jiddah about the drone and cruise missile attack on an important oil processing plant and oil field.

"The Best US Diplomat tweeted on early Thursday :" The US is standing by #SaudiArabia and supporting its right to defend itself. The threatening behavior of the Iranian regime will not be tolerated.

Trump Did Not Agree on Ordering US Military Retaliation

Iran is already subject to a stifling US sanctions program against its oil industry.

Pompeo left Jiddah on Thursday for the United Arab Emirates to meet with Abu Dhabi's powerful Crown Prince, Sheikh Mohammed bin Zayed Al Nahyan

The United Arab Emirates, a close ally of Saudi Arabia, has joined forces with them Yemen war against the Houthis joined the kingdom.

On Thursday, the United Arab Emirates announced that they had joined a US-led Middle East waterways coalition after an attack on Saudi oil facilities.

The US formed the coalition following attacks on oil tankers by American officials to Iran and Iran's seizure of tankers in the region.

Ir denies being responsible for the tanker explosions, though the attacks came after Tehran threatened to stop oil exports from the Persian Gulf. With postal wires Hassan Rouhani Hassan Rouhani EPA 19659013]
Source link