DIET AND FOOD
BY RAFFAELLA ASCHIERI
According to the latest data, 15% of the Italian population (especially women) suffer from gastroesophageal reflux, a controllable one , but incurable disturbance
If the flap separating the esophagus from the stomach (lower sphincter of the esophagus) does not function properly, the gastric contents in the abdomen may cause the esophagus to rise into the thorax. Reason for reflux. The most common symptom is heartburn, which characterizes other various disorders such as gastritis, hiatal hernia and especially gastroesophageal reflux. In the latter, reflux, chronic cough, sore throat and halitosis may occur as additional symptoms.
In severe cases, a proper diet and lifestyle is not enough to control the disorder, and measures taken with prescribed medication should be taken by your doctor after careful analysis.
Foods that control the production of It should be avoided to stimulate acid that irritates the esophagus or interferes with the proper functioning of the esophageal sphincter. Here are the most suitable:
- Fruit: apples and bananas also in juice
- Vegetables: carrots, cabbage, peas, broccoli, green beans, boiled potatoes and baked
- Meat, eggs, fish: beef Meager, roast beef, chicken breast, egg whites, fresh fish
- Milk and derivatives: Greek feta cheese, fat-free cheese, goat cheese (alternatively soya cheese)
- Cereals and derivatives: bread, including wholegrain bread and rice, also whole wheat bread, couscous, crackers , Rice products, bran or oatmeal
- Beverages: mineral water
It is important to know and avoid the foods that are responsible for the symptoms annoying that any meal can be uncomfortable.
IL Latte. It is certainly considered one of the foods that is consumed in moderation in the gastroesophageal reflux diet, with the partially skimmed type being preferred. Chocolate and any spicy foods are prohibited along with high-fat foods.
Which foods can trigger a reflux attack?
- Fruit: orange, lemon, grapefruit, blueberries (including their juice)
- Vegetables: tomato, mashed potatoes, fried potatoes, raw onion, potatoes in salads
- Meat, eggs, fish: ground beef, beef tenderloin, roast chicken [1
- Beverages: Liqueurs , Wine, tea, coffee
Lifestyle: and main recommendations for those who suffer from gastroesophageal reflux disease:
- to keep weight under control
- eat little and often
- slowly and long chew
- Do not lie down to eat (wait at least two hours)
- smoke and drink
- during physical activity (not on full stomach
- sleep with head and upper body raise it a little (you can raise the headboard by about 15 cm) so that gravity prevents the bolus from rising again.