It is called Giga Network 4.5G and it is the new generation network the Vodafone this morning in an important meeting with the press in the city of Berlin presented Milan. The operator has decided to switch the cards on the table and to prepare his users and uniquely his network on the arrival of the 5G or the fastest network of all time in 2019. For this purpose, on Sunday, October 21, "the existing mobile network in the new Giga Network 4.5G switch", which can really project into the future users.
The new Giga Network relies on the most innovative solutions of Big Data but also on artificial intelligence as well as algorithms that are able to optimally and, above all, dynamically those that are Optimize key features of a high-speed network: performance, speed and coverage based on customer requirements. This was no longer possible with the current retiring network, which would give way to a true network capable of meeting ever-increasing data quality and quantity requirements.
Vodafone Giga Network 4.5G: What It Means A New Generation Network
In recent years, the use of mobile devices has grown exponentially, by users who are now good or bad all having a rechargeable or subscription offering have more or less extensive call bundles and especially the traffic. In this case, Vodafone has just increased the growing demand for its 4G network. Precisely for this reason, the operator has understood that it is time to take the next step at a higher level to the new Giga network exactly.
The technological solutions have been implemented by the red operator Thanks to the work of the Vodafone Research and Development Center which has been able to count on the international know-how of the group, it has developed exactly the new generation of the network, one Combination of state-of-the-art equipment and the most innovative digital solutions.
The 4.5G high-speed network is already active from October to 1 gigabit per second in 17 different Italian cities such as Rome, Milan, Naples, Palermo, Genoa, Turin, Novara, Brescia, Bologna, Vicenza, Ancona. Florence, Livorno, Taranto, Salerno, Agrigento and Catania. But the company has already promised that it will expand and expand into a total of 23 Italian cities. In addition, in November in two cities, such as Milan and Rome, you can overcome gigabit per second.
But what was really ousted by Vodafone is the real transition from its network to this new Giga Network 4.5G, which, as mentioned, sets the stage for the final transition to the 5G network. A Giga network 4.5G means for Vodafone users a network that is not only faster, but also qualitatively and secure:
- VoLTE or Voice over Long Term Evolution is available nationwide being able to make calls while being able to browse the 4G and 4.5G networks without reducing call setup time. And not only because the quality of the voice will increase significantly.
- MIMO or Multiple Input Multiple Output guarantees the signals sent by the network and received by the terminals to 4 antennas. This ensures a doubling of the transmission capacity and speed
- Carrier aggregation ie the network devices combine more frequencies within a connection, which means higher and higher speeds can be offered.
- Narrowband IoT: from October will be available throughout the state territory and Vodafone will double European coverage by 2019. It represents the first step in the introduction of 5G technology and allows for an exponential increase in the number of objects connected to the network, ensuring coverage across the board and greater energy efficiency.
The new Giga network is not only that, but much more:
- Big Data: The network uses artificial intelligence algorithms to expand the network where there is more demand based on the analysis of 28 Billions of network parameters.
- Cloud: virtualizes the network guaranteeing greater scalability and speed of updating and developing new services. Self Optimizing Network : The Network  learns and optimizes itself with over 100,000 daily parameter updates that improve dynamic performance, especially on the go
- Intelligent Traffic Balancing : The network adapts dynamically to the traffic load: algorithms distribute customers homogeneously between multiple cells to reduce congestion
Vodafone Giga Network 4.5G: What are the benefits for users?
The new Vodafone network will be clearly positive for users who will be able to use it next week. There are many advantages:
- Giga Speed: reduced latency by 60% in 2 years. Speed of 1 gigabit per second, doubled in two years. Users can instantly upload websites and apps to watch the highest quality videos anytime, anywhere.
- Dynamic Coverage : 99.9% of the time without buffering. Customer call continuity with VoLTE improved by 30%. Consumers can count on the high reliability of the network to share photos and videos on the go in most places without caching, talking and surfing.
- Power Voice: 30% improved voice quality. Call speed faster than 35%. Thanks to the VoLTE technology included in all new offerings you can surf during a phone call and use the app, even make calls in the busiest subway, keep a clear and clear voice and always have a stable signal
- ] Secure Control: Vodafone provides its customers with an integrated security system that scales from the most complex to the most complex and is implemented in the core data network and provides constant updates to make the network more secure
Vodafone ready for the 5G
Palese like the new Giga Network 4.5G is nothing more than the progenitor of the new 5G network coming next year. This sets the stage for the fastest network of all time, and Vodafone is ready to offer its users speeds in excess of 10 gigabits per second with a latency of 10 milliseconds while guaranteeing a large number of objects connected to the network, even
We have seen how recently Vodafone received frequency blocks in all bands of the 5G auction . In addition, it is leader of the 5G experiment in Milan and in the metropolitan area, aiming to cover 80% of the population by December 2018 in order to transform it into the European capital of the 5G. Together with 38 partners from industry and institutions, over 40 projects in the fields of health and wellness, security and surveillance, intelligent energy and smart cities, mobility and transport, production and 4.0, education and entertainment, digital divide are realized. In short, he wants to bring the new 5G into everyday life.