This was done as part of a deliberate plan following a statement by the highest prosecutor.
The statement by the Turkish authorities has so far been most clear about the fate of the Washington Post journalist, whose remains do not do so.
"The body of the victim was dismembered and destroyed by suffocation after his death," it says in the statement.
"According to the plans made in advance, the victim Jamal Khashoggi was smothered in Istanbul on October 2, 2018, immediately after his entry to the Consulate General of Saudi Arabia."
Turkish investigators continue to seek clues to the whereabouts of his body.
A source near the Saudi Royal Palace told CNN last week that the site of Khashoggi's body was not known to the Saudis. The source said the body was handed over to a local "collaborator" after killing, adding that she is not in the Saudi consulate in Istanbul.
"We requested information from Saudi officials about the whereabouts of Jamal Khashoggi's corpse and police Identity of the alleged local collaborator We also found that Saudi Arabia must extradite all 18 suspects to Turkey in order for them to a high-level Turkish representative told CNN on Wednesday that they have been able to be held accountable. "
"The Saudi officials seemed to be particularly interested in finding what is evidence that the Turkish authorities had against the perpetrators, in other words, we did not have that Impression that they really wanted to participate in the investigation, "said the official.
The Saudi Attorney General arrived in Turkey on Sunday to meet with his Turkish counterpart. Turkish state news agency Anadolu said it had boarded a plane back to Saudi Arabia on Wednesday after meeting with the Istanbul Attorney General twice.
The Istanbul Attorney General said that at these meetings, Turkey and Saudi Arabia "agreed" to investigate, search and uncover all the details of the event from all angles, and to review those who carried out and planned it. To bring justice.
However, the Saudis had not answered three questions from the Turkish side – namely, where Khashoggi's body is located, whether Saudi investigators had uncovered evidence of planning his murder, and the identity of the reported "local employee."  Instead, the Saudis on Wednesday called on the Turkish prosecutor and his delegation to Saudi Arabia to question the suspects detained there, what happened to Khashoggi's body, and whether his death was deliberate, the Turks added, the Saudi prosecutor also said that the Saudi authorities did not comment on the existence of the alleged local cooperation partner.
"Despite our well-meaning efforts, the truth "The Istanbul prosecutor's office said it was in this light that it was" obliged "to share the details of how Khashoggi strangled and" dismembered "his body and destroyed ", according to the plans made in advance.
The Saudi government has said it will conduct a thorough and transparent investigation and prosecute the suspects in Saudi Arabia.
Riad has claimed that neither Salman nor King Salman knew of the operation to the target of Khashoggi. US officials said such a mission – including 15 men sent from Riyadh – could not be carried out without the approval of de facto ruler Bin Salman.
Gul Tuysuz of CNN reports from Istanbul and Laura Smith-Spark wrote from London. Isil Sariyuce and Jomana Karadsheh of CNN contributed to this report.