TALLADEGA, Ala. – A total of eight cars will drop back for unauthorized adjustments prior to the start of the Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series Sunday race on the Talladega Superspeedway. An additional car falls off for a driver change backwards.
The penalties apply to all four Joe Gibbs Racing submissions and both Roush Fenway Racing vehicles from the Nine Group.
RELATED: Any car in the field | Car Chef No. 1 ejected | Complete Talladega Line-up
These teams will be in the rear of the 40-car field in tempo laps before the start of the GEICO 500 on Sunday (1
- The No. 6 Roush Fenway Racing Ford by Ryan Newman, who qualified 24th in Saturday's Busch Pole Qualifying.
- The No. 11 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota by Denny Hamlin (23rd rank)
- The No. 17 Roush Fenway Racing Ford by Ricky Stenhouse Jr. (qualified sixth)
- The No. 18 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota by Kyle Busch (Qualified 22nd Place)
- The No. 19 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota by Martin Truex Jr. (qualified 20th)
- The # 20 Joe Gibbs Racing Toyota by Erik Jones (qualified 27th)
- The No. 27 Premium Motorsports Chevrolet by Reed Sorenson (qualified 37th place)
- The No. 51 Rick Ware Racing Ford by Cody Ware (qualified 40th place)
- The # 62 Beard Motorsports Chevrolet by Brendan Gaughan (qualified 29th place)
Gaughan's No. 62 will fall behind due to a driver change. Tyler Reddick moved from Saturday to the Xfinity Series race for # 62 at Gaughan. Gaughan visited his son's first communion and was not on the road on Saturday.