قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / John Bolton says North Korea's failure to honor commitments requires the second Trump Kim summit

John Bolton says North Korea's failure to honor commitments requires the second Trump Kim summit



"You have not fulfilled your commitments so far," Bolton said at the annual Wall Street Journal CEO conference in Washington. "That's why I believe the president believes that another summit is likely to be productive."

Bolton said the US would push ahead with a second meeting shortly after the start of the New Year – "January, February" – hoping to make further progress. He said the Trump government would not lift harsh sanctions against the regime by then.

& # 39; Getting ahead & # 39;

The comments of the National Security Advisor highlighted the lack of progress made by the US in bringing North Korea closer to the full, verifiable and irreversible denuclearization of Washington and the concessions it has made to Pyongyang, even though Trump has the heat stressed his relationship with Kim.

Trump told reporters on Saturday that the summit will be held earlier this year, adding, "We get along very well." and that "we have a good relationship with Kim." He said the two sides had talked about three locations for a possible summit. [Bolivia] On Tuesday, Bolton said the two sides would look at the commitments made at the June summit in Singapore and discuss how they could be achieved.

At that time, the US and North Korea pledged to build relationships and work towards "peace and prosperity" on the peninsula. Pyongyang committed to working towards "complete denuclearization," and both sides pledged to recover the remnants of the US soldiers missing in the Korean War.

"We will continue to pursue this," said Bolton. "If the North Koreans comply with their Singapore commitments, President Trump will earn the Nobel Peace Prize."

"He opened the door for her," added Bolton. "Now they have to go through it and we hope to make progress at the next meeting."

Last month, Vice President Mike Pence told NBC News that the US does not need to ask North Korea for a complete list of its nuclear and missile locations before Trump meets Kim again. Washington and Pyongyang had been in diplomatic confrontation for weeks, which would make concessions first. Analysts said that easing claims ahead of a second summit may have given the US a first-hand wink.
Pence spoke days after the release of new commercial satellite imagery identifying more than a dozen undeclared North Korean missile bases, another sign that Pyongyang is moving forward with its ballistic missile program.

Source link