In a shocking Tuesday morning announcement, the Cook County Procuratorate said it would not prosecute Jussie Smollett, who was previously accused of faking an anti-black, anti-gay hate crime in Chicago to the Promote public His role in the TV drama "Empire".
Fox News has learned that the judge has awarded a fine pro, which essentially means that the case has been dropped and he is no longer being prosecuted for the alleged crime.
It is unclear at this time why the court had decided not to bring charges, but the former "Empire" star is expected to make a statement after leaving the courthouse later.
Previously, Smollett had described 1
However, Smollett was brought to an emergency session in which the judge ruled that the case against him was dropped.
There was some doubts about the openness of the case during the Brotherhood's Order of Police Kevin Graham reportedly wrote to the US Department of Justice that Cook County State attorney Kim Foxx, the lawyer of the county, asked police commissioner Eddie Johnson to accuse the FBI of Smollett to be investigated for having been attacked by two masked men after former First Lady Chief of Staff Michelle Obama allegedly informed Foxx The Smollett family had concerns over the investigation.
The lawyers of Smollett, Tina Glandian and Patricia Brown Holmes, said in a statement that Smollett's record had been "wiped out".
A representative for Fox, who produces and broadcasts "Empire". The studio and the network had no immediate comment.
A Cook County prosecutor spokeswoman did not respond immediately to news requesting comments.
Story deve loping …
The Associated Press has contributed to this report.