Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen Today – as first reported by Pedro Moura of The Athletic – he was reported to the camp. After a positive test for COVID-19, he was unable to participate in Dodger’s workouts. It was not yet known why Jansen had not yet reached Dodger Stadium, but he confirmed today that he was actually tested positive for the virus. Since then, he has apparently passed the two tests required for him to become active again.
Jansen told reporters, including MLB.com’s Ken Gurnick, that he expected to be ready for the Dodgers matchup with the Giants on July 23 to start the season. Since the opening day is less than two weeks away, this seems to be an ambitious goal for a pitcher who has not been able to train with his team in spring training 2.0, but the build of the gameplay could be less steep for a bullpen pitcher than Jansen, who kept throwing during the baseball downtime.
Should Jansen need more time to recover, the Dodgers̵
The 32-year-old Jansen has dealt with heart problems in the past, although he said that these problems did not affect his intention to play in the shortened 2020 season. Last year was probably Jansen’s worst season since arriving at the MLB in 2010. For almost a decade, he was one of the most dominant helpers in sport, although the slowing pace has worried him in recent years. At the beginning of 2020, we keep our fingers crossed for Jansen for a healthy, relaxing season.