Home / Kenya / Fire guts another dorm in two months at Musingu Boys: The Standard

Fire guts another dorm in two months at Musingu Boys: The Standard



Students at Musingu High School count losses after the fire caused by an electric fault . [Duncan Ocholla]

Kakamega on Saturday morning. Property of an unknown value.

 The fire has been caused by an electric fault.
Principal Benson Lukuyi said he was exploding at the dormitory.
"Madaraka Taifa dormitory was housing, loose, mattresses and other students' personal effects," he said.

SEE ALSO: CBC seeks exacerbate economic inequality and burden parents

Lukuyi said at 9.30am, the welding machine exploded and set the dormitory on fire.
Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education (KCSE) exam are safe.
Lukuyi added. "Lukuyi added." Lukuyi added. "The students are safe and we talk to them," Lukuyi added.

For More of This and Other Stories, Grab Your Copy of the Standard Newspaper.

The dormitory housed One and Three students who are at home for the holidays.
Nothing was salvaged.

LIKE: Sh6b to improve facilities in schools

This comes barely two months after another dormitory went up in flames, affecting more than 120 students.
The cause of the first fire
Kakamega Sub County Police Commander Joseph Chesire said investigations have been launched.
Kakamega Senator Boni Khalwale, who lives close to the school and alumni, is among the first leaders to arrive at the scene.
He urged parents to remain calm as the situation is under control.

SEE ALSO: Magoha faults universities for duplicating courses

"We want the contractor who constructed the Oparanya dormitory a few months ago to write a statement on the matter," Khalwale said.
According to Khalwale, those who carried out the wiring may have used substandard material.


Do not miss out on the latest news. Join the Standard Digital Telegram channel HERE.

EducationKenya Certificate of Secondary EducationKCSEMusingu Boys High School


Source link