Timo Werner has been told to make a decision about his future.
Striker Werner has had a contract offer on the table from RB Leipzig since January, with the club still hopeful that he will extend his deal.
However, Werner, 22, is ready to run down his contract, which has just released a lucrative free transfer next summer.
However, RBL, who previously threatened to dump him in their reserves next term, want a definite answer now.
If he continues to refuse, then he wants to push the player to the opening of the Bundesliga on August 18.
Oliver Mintzlaff, CEO of Oliver Mintzlaff on Friday, speaking in Austria, said: "We do not want to be an ultimatum, but we need a decision."
"It is desirable that we have a solution before the league starts.
"We are in constructive and good talks, which is to lead to a result. We have submitted a contract offer to Timo and his consultant improve it.
"It is legitimate for a young international to think about his future. But it is legitimate that the club wants to extend this quality to players. Or that we just want to sell it. "
Werner, previously linked with Liverpool, has
But Bayern have prioritised a move for a new winger, following the exits of veteran duo Franck Ribery and Arjen Robben, they would prefer to sign him on a free transfer in 2020.
Real Madrid, another side Werner has hopes of potentially joining, instead moved for Luka Jovic.
As a result, RBL have not received any offers to take.
"As a club, of course, we want to have the action in our hands."
"But we are in the situation where the contract of a player expires, that's not a unique situation in the Bundesliga .
"The topic of Werner has taken the media more than we ourselves. But, of course, we will eventually need a decision. "
One potential landing spot for Werner is Saint-Germain under Thomas Tuchel, Neymar should leave for Barcelona.
Another could be Manchester United, depending on whether Romelu Lukaku moves to Inter Milan.