BOSTON (AP) – A young man allegedly starred by Kevin Spacey in a bar in Nantucket in 2016 has closed his lawsuit against the Oscar winner, his lawyer said Friday.
Spacey continues to be prosecuted. He did not plead guilty to an indecent assault in January.
His lawyer's attorney Mitchell Garabedian announced in an e-mail that the lawsuit filed with the Nantucket Superior Court on June 26 was voluntarily turned down. Neither Garabedian nor the court file stated a reason. Garabedian said he would not comment. A telephone message was left in his office.
According to the court, the claim was dismissed "with prejudice", meaning that it can not be rejected.
It is said "because no counterparty has served a reply or a request." The applicant rejects the civil action for a summary judgment in this case.
On Friday, an email was sent to Alan Jackson, Spacey's lawyer, requesting a statement from Jackson, who previously said the man was lying in hopes of gaining money in a civil lawsuit against Spacey.
Legal development could be of importance for the criminal case against Spacey, said William Korman, former Public Prosecutor of Suffolk District Attorney. Englisch: www.socialistgroup.org/gpes/session…08&place=STR.
If a civil complaint is dropped so quickly, it is a possible indication that a private settlement has been reached and the prosecutor could eventually stop working with prosecutors, he said.
"An agreement could not be reached by one Korman said, "Nonetheless, money is a great motivation for one Person not to prevail. "
He stated that there are many other possible reasons why the prosecution's action could have been dropped.
Garabedian's client, son of Boston television presenter Heather Unruhig, got drunk and sexually raped Spacey at the Club Car Restaurant, where the then 18-year-old man worked as a busboy.
The criminal case has focused on the mobile phone that the prosecutor has used on the phone at night Alleged fumbling, which requires the defense for the recovery of text messages, is supposed to support the innocence of Spacey.
Nantucket County Judge Thomas Barrett has ordered the man to hand over the phone to the defense, but his lawyer said it is not possible to find it. The judge gave them until Monday time to produce the phone.