Many stars answered in confusion when Kevin Spacey released a bizarre video commenting on sexual misconduct against him as [Under9] House of Cards .
The actor posted the video – titled "Let me be Frank" – on his Twitter account at the same time as it was revealed that he was indicted in July 2016 for alleged personal injury to an 18-year-old man. He is indicted on September 7 in Boston, Massachusetts, January.
In the video, Spacey urged fans to "wait for proof" as Underwood, the character he played for five seasons, until he was fired from the series after being abused by actor Anthony Rapp was accused of sexual progress. Last year, Spacey said he did not remember the meeting, but apologized for "inappropriate, drunk behavior".
Join Independent Minds
For exclusive articles, events, and ad-free reading
Get the Most Out The Independent
With an Independent Minds subscription for only
Get the most out The Independent
No ads ̵
"Oh, sure, they tried to separate us, but what we have is too strong, it's too strong, and finally, we have everything shared, you and me, "he said in the video. "I told you my deepest, darkest secrets. I've shown you exactly what people are capable of. I shocked you with my honesty, but mostly I challenged you and made you think. And you trusted me, even though you knew you should not. So we are not finished, no matter what anyone says. And besides, I know what you want – you want me back. "
Spacey's video features social networks starring some stars – including Alyssa Milano and actor-director Jon Favreau ( The Jungle Book ). to express their confusion about his release.