قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / World / Khashoggi's son leaves Saudi Arabia, USA praises decision

Khashoggi's son leaves Saudi Arabia, USA praises decision



ISTANBUL (AP) – The son of killed journalist Jamal Khashoggi has left Saudi Arabia after the kingdom revoked a travel ban, allowing him to come to the United States ̵

1; the latest in the saga of the Saudi writer and dissident, whose Makabertötung At the beginning of the month, in the Saudi Arabian Consulate in Istanbul, the world shocked.

State Department spokesman Robert Palladino said Washington welcomed the decision to leave Salah Khashoggi and his family from Saudi Arabia. His US target was not immediately known, but his late father lived in the Washington area. Palladino said Thursday that US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo had discussed the son of Jamal Khashoggi during his recent visit to Riyadh and "made it clear" to the Saudi leaders that Washington wanted him to leave the kingdom. "We're glad he can do it now," said Palladino. The Saudi media had shown Khashoggi's son on Tuesday meeting with the Crown Prince, who reportedly expressed his condolences.

Palladino also said that Pompeo attended a meeting of CIA Director Gina Haspel on the death of the former Washington Post after she returned from Turkey. The White House did not publish details of their meeting.

The developments came after the kingdom on Thursday had given evidence that Khashoggi's killing was deliberate and changed his story again to try to mitigate international outrage over the murder of a prominent critic of Crown Prince Mohammed Salman.

The announcement contradicted a previous Saudi claim that rogues from the Khashoggi Kingdom had mistakenly killed themselves in a brawl within their consulate in Istanbul. This claim, in turn, was based on a first claim that the Saudi authorities were unaware of what happened to the Washington Post columnist, who disappeared after invading the consulate on October 2, out of the crisis that is the country's largest oil exporter World and an important US ally in the Middle East. But one solution seems to be a long way off, partly because of increasing skepticism in Turkey and elsewhere, that the outrageous crime could have been carried out without the knowledge of Prince Mohammed, the obvious heir to the kingdom.

At a conference in Riyadh on Wednesday The Crown Prince said the murder was a "heinous crime that can not be justified" and warned against any effort to "manipulate" the crisis and create a wedge between Saudi Arabia and the US Turkey, which are regional rivals but also diplomatic and business partners.

On Thursday, Prince Mohammed attended the first meeting of a committee aimed at restructuring the kingdom's intelligence services following the assassination of Khashoggi, the Saudi Arabian press agency said.

Khashoggi's death has derailed the powerful prince's campaign to project a modern principle image of the ultra-conservative country, instead emphasizing the brutal length to which some top government officials have silenced their critics. Khashoggi, who lived in self-imposed exile almost a year before his death in the United States, had been critical of Prince Mohammed's crackdown on dissent.

A statement by Saudi Attorney General Saud al-Mojeb wrote the latest findings about a joint Turkish-Saudi investigation for information from Turkish colleagues. The evidence from Turkish investigators "indicates that the suspects of the incident had deliberately committed their crime," the Saudi statement said.

After the journalist disappeared, Saudi Arabia initially insisted that Khashoggi had left the consulate after visiting the Consulate. Later, the account for a new account was deleted and 18 people were arrested for accidental killing during a "fistfight". 19659014 What President Donald Trump described as "one of the worst cover-ups in the history of" cover-ups "was revealed to the world through Turkish information leaks, including clues to alleged audio recordings of the killings and surveillance camera shots of Saudi officials involved in their move through Istanbul. This week, Saudi Arabia sent a team to Turkey, which included a forensics expert and a member whose job it was to dress the 59-year-old's clothes and pretending that he was – even though she insisted on Tuesday until his death was an accident.

___

Batrawy reports from Riyadh, Saudi Arabia.


Source link