The LA Galaxy returned to the winning streak for the first time in nearly a month, celebrating a 2-0 home win against FC Dallas on Wednesday night.
The breakthrough came in the 68th minute over Ibrahimovic, who completed a quick pass on the left wing. Cristian Pavon and Jorgen Skjelvik broke up in the open field. The latter returned to Ibrahimovic shortly before the penalty and scored a one-touch finish 2-0 in the 82nd minute after a penalty Pavon seized the opportunity after some pressure from Dallas and Reggie Cannon. The Swede stepped forward and made no mistake.
Dallas rarely threatened David Bingham's goal but almost opened the scoring in the 14th minute. After a corner kick, Santiago Mosquera fired a shot off the crossbar and Bingham put his fingertips on it.
Before LA's high-profile Designated Player was used, it was an evening of missed opportunities. Then the locks opened and the galaxy's offense clicked, which was brought to life by substitutes Uriel Antuna and Favio Alvarez in the second half. 1
- THE BIG PICTURE: The Galaxy had to work that out, representing their first loss since their 2-0 home win against Toronto FC on July 4th. More importantly, it brought LA to third place in the Western Conference ranking after three lost games. A shaky month has returned. For Dallas inconsistencies continue to determine the dog days of summer. They are in the last nine games with 3-4-2 on the test and now want to end a week with three games with a cross-country drive north of the border.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH: ] LA's first goal showed a glimpse of Cristian Pavon's potential in the MLS as his succinct pass opened the opportunity for Jorgen Skjelvik. At Pavon's debut at the Dignity Health Sports Complex he offered a lot of individual brilliance, especially in a small space.
- MAN OF THE MATCH . If the galaxy needs a target, they know who to call. Zlatan Ibrahimovic has now scored 18 goals this year. In the second half, he quickly eliminated the superstar and sometimes looks visibly frustrated.
- LA : Saturday, Aug. 17 against Seattle Sounders (10 pm ET | ESPN2, MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada)
- DAL : Saturday, 17. August in Montreal Impact (19.30 pm ET | TVAS, MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the US)