Zlatan Ibrahimovic met on Saturday night at Dignity Health Sports Park with a 2-0 victory over the Philadelphia Union in the first half.
Ibrahimovic, who scored two goals behind Carlos Vela in the Golden Boot, opened his account in the 27th minute as he jumped over Auston Trusty's back to meet Jorgen Skjelvik's crossed flank and drive past Andre Blake. 19659002] Ibrahimovic then locked himself with Jonathan Dos Santos, but crashed after a contact by Kai Wagner in the 18-meter box. Referee David Gantar pointed to the penalty spot, a call confirmed after a lengthy video review.
Ibrahimovic clinically completed the side net, Blake dived the other way. Any chance of a comeback for the Union was thwarted in the 76th minute when Trusty was expelled for his second affordable offense.
While Philadelphia's winning streak was scored in three games, midfielder Marco Fabian's concern that hobbled was the biggest concern with an obvious ankle injury after 23 minutes.
- 27 & # 39; ̵
- 36 'LA – Zlatan Ibrahimovic (PK) | WATCH
- THE BIG PICTURE : In a match of streak teams, this was one-way traffic. The Galaxy won their fourth consecutive and fifth place in their first six games and secured a second goal, while the Union had a winning streak in three games and an unbeaten run of four games in Carson.
- MOMENT OF THE MATCH : Ibrahimovic put his stamp on and claimed his early dominance in this game. But he should have been called for a foul because he had survived Trusty's back.
– Major League Soccer (@MLS) April 14, 2019
- MAN OF THE MATCH : Ibrahimovic scored two more goals to dominate the young Union defense once again and is currently beating Golden Boot record holder Josef Martinez in six games of the season. If he stays healthy, who knows how many goals he ends up with?
- LA : Friday, April 19 against Houston Dynamo (23:00 ET | Univision, Twitter, MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada)
- PHI : Saturday, April 20 against Montreal Impact (13:00 pm ET | TVAS, TSN 1/5, MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the US)