What You Should Know
An employee of the Long Island Rail Road was injured after derailing a train that was not in operation on Saturday
The train passed through the West Side Yard as two of the cars in the middle Derailed
There were no customers aboard, but an employee aboard had back pain
Long Island Rail Road canceled or partially canceled eight Monday morning rush-hour trains after a weekend derailment.
A LIRR train rode through West Side Yard, a train station on the west side of Manhattan, on Saturday night when two of the cars in the middle derailed, a LIRR spokesman said Sunday.
LIRR is currently working to repair track derailment damage, the spokesman said.
The following trains were canceled during rush hour on Monday morning when the work was carried out, according to a service report from the agency:
- The train at 6:57 from Freeport, Penn Station at 7:40 , Passengers can board the train from Babylon to Penn at 6:32 am, leaving Freeport at 6:56 am.
- The train leaves Freeport at 7:29 am, departing at Penn Station at 08:1
- The train at 6:58 am from Hempstead, departing at 7:52 am in Penn Station. Passengers can take the train at 7:12 am from Hempstead to Penn, which will stop in Jamaica.
- The train at 6:17 am from Port Washington at Penn Station at 7:03 am Passengers can take the train from Port Washington to Penn at 6:27 am.
- The train at 8:26 am from Great Neck to Penn Station at 8:59 am. Passengers can board the train at 8:40 am from Great Neck to Penn.
- The train at 8:10 am from Far Rockaway to Penn Station at 9:05. Passengers can catch the train from Far Rockaway to Penn at 8:19 am.
The following trains will end in Jamaica:
- The 6:54 clock train from Central Islip departing at 08:06 am at Penn Station. Passengers can take the next train west to Penn.
- The train at 7:26 am from East Williston to Penn Station at 8:14 am. Passengers can take the next train west to Penn.
No customers were on board during the derailment, but one on-board employee had back pain, LIRR spokesman said.
The derailment is being investigated.