قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Man dies of a carnivorous disease after fishing on a boat

Man dies of a carnivorous disease after fishing on a boat



A man in Texas died after catching a carnivorous disease while fishing. Jerry Sebek, 78, of San Marcos, Texas, became infected with Vibriose after fishing on a boat near Palacios, Texas in June 13, his daughter, Kim Sebek, said. Sebek had no visible open wounds or a weakened immune system. Kim Sebek said her father had vibriosis symptoms immediately after fishing – chills, vomiting, disorientation and shortness of breath. That evening, the doctors initially said he was suffering from heat exhaustion, but after being taken to hospital the next day, the doctors diagnosed Vibriose, said his daughter. Two weeks later, Sebek died at the hospital due to aggressiveness. His right arm was "skinned like a deer", he was amputated on the arm and leg and he did not react while he was in a coma, said his daughter was infected with Vibriose, by eating undercooked or raw seafood or exposing an open wound to the seawater. Kim Sebek said her father had never swum in the water and she was not sure how he got infected because he did not have clear cuts. I'm still a bit shocked and disbelieving, "said Kim Sebek." Dad was a wonderful family man who loved to hunt, fish and do things in the water … We've been coming here for years (Turtle Bay) and this is just one unfortunate thing that has happened. "So far this summer There have been several incidents of people becoming infected with carnivorous bacteria or rashes while swimming in Texas waters and beaches, which is about 80,000 people per year, according to the CDC infected with Vibriose The bacteria live in coastal waters and increase when the water warms up between May and October.

A man in Texas died after catching a carnivorous disease while fishing.

Jerry Sebek, 78, of San Marcos, Texas, became infected with Vibriose after fishing on a boat near Palacios, Texas. On June 1

3, his daughter, Kim Sebek, said.

Sebek had no visible open wounds or a weakened immune system.

Kim Sebek said her father had vibriosis symptoms – chills, vomiting, disorientation and shortness of breath – immediately after his morning fishing trip.

That evening, doctors said they were suffering from heat exhaustion, but after being hospitalized the next day, the doctors diagnosed him with Vibriose, his daughter said.

Two weeks later Sebek died at the hospital due to the aggressive infection.

His right arm was "skinned like a deer", he was amputated on the arm and leg and he did not respond in induced coma, his daughter said.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, humans usually become infected with Vibriose by consuming inadequately cooked or raw seafood or exposing an open wound to the seawater. It became infected because it had no clear cuts.

"I'm still a little shocked and incredulous," said Kim Sebek. "Dad was a wonderful family man who loved to hunt in the water, fish and do things … We've been coming here for years (Turtle Bay) and this is just an unfortunate thing that has happened."

In the summer, several incidents were reported in which people became infected with carnivorous bacteria or rashes while swimming in Texas waters and beaches.

According to the CDC, around 80,000 people are infected with Vibriose every year. The bacteria live in coastal waters and increase when the water warms up between May and October.

Related Video: Florida Woman Dies of Carnivorous Disease, Family Says:


Source link