قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Man dies of carnivorous bacteria after eating the oyster in the Florida restaurant

Man dies of carnivorous bacteria after eating the oyster in the Florida restaurant



A 71-year-old man died of infection of Vibrio vulnificus bacteria after eating oysters in a Florida restaurant. What are the symptoms of this bacterial infection and how is it treated? ( Yung-pin Pao | )

The Florida Department of Health has announced that an elderly man died of a bacterial infection after eating a rotten oyster in a restaurant.

Seafood Meal At A Florida Restaurant

1
9659004] Health officials said the 71-year-old man died of infection with Vibrio vulnificus bacteria after tasting a seafood dish on July 8 at a restaurant in Sarasota, Florida. Meal had taken. The unnamed man, who suffered from medical conditions, died two days later.

The department did not disclose the name of the restaurant in which the man ate the spoiled shellfish. Nonetheless, it said that this is the first confirmed case and death of Vibrio vulnificus in Sarasota County this year. The district had no cases of vesicles last year, but there were confirmed cases and one death in 2016.

Vibrio vulnificus

Vibrio vulnificus is a rare infection caused by eating raw or un-prepared shellfish, especially oysters or by Exposing cuts and wounds to brackish and salt water where the bacteria thrive.

Vibrio vulnificus is also known as "carnivorous bacteria". Health staff, however, said that this label is misleading because the bacteria do not attack healthy skin.

The infection by Vibrio vulnificus is characterized by fever, chills, hypotension and blistering of the skin.

Symptoms

Healthy individuals develop a mild disease through the infection, but the infection can become more serious and even fatal in people with weakened immune systems, especially in patients with chronic liver disease.

People with pre-existing disease have an 80-fold higher risk of Vibrio vulnificus infections compared to healthy people

"The bacterium can invade the bloodstream and cause a serious and life-threatening disease," said the Florida Department of Health. "Vibrio vulnificus bloodstream infections are fatal in 50% of cases." [19659003] Prevention

Experts advise those with an open wound, not without protection, to enter brackish seawater.

"If you have a discomfort (including cuts and scratches), avoid contact with brackish or salt water or cover the wound with a waterproof bandage if there is a possibility that they may be brackish or salt water, raw seafood or raw Oysters, clams and mussels must be thoroughly cooked as the infection may be caused by consumption of uncooked shellfish, persons who show symptoms after having penetrated the water with open wounds or eating raw mussels

Suspicious cases of Vibrio vulnificus must be promptly treated with antibiotics to improve their survival, and in patients with wound infection, the wound may heal poorly and may even be operated on infected limb may also be necessary w

See now: 30 gadgets and technical gifts for Father's Day 2018 This dad will think that wheel

© 2018 Tech Times, All Rights Reserved. Do not reproduce without permission.


Source link