قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Man in the UK goes blind in the right eye after showering on contact lenses, Health News

Man in the UK goes blind in the right eye after showering on contact lenses, Health News



Do you shower with contact lenses? If so, you should abandon the habit now.

A man in England has contracted an eye infection and lost his right eye.

29-year-old Nick Humphreys considered it a scratch In January 2018, it turned out that his right eye was worse.

Eye drops and the darkening of the screens of electronic devices did not improve his condition. So he went to an optician.

Humphreys was reported in this regard. If he has an ulcer in his eye, he should go to the hospital immediately.

The doctors diagnosed acanthamoeba keratitis, a corneal infection caused by parasites in contaminated water.

If left untreated, this disease can lead to blindness.

Despite disinfectant eye drops for the next few weeks. In March 2018, he suddenly lost sight of his right eye.

His infection finally improved and he has undergone two procedures on the eye. He should receive a corneal transplant next month.

Humphreys also works with charity Fight for Sight to raise awareness of the potential dangers of wearing contact lenses in the shower.

I will never wear contact lenses again.

CONTACT LENS ERRORS MAY COST YOUR OUTLOOK.

Optometrists often warn that contact lenses are medical devices that should be worn with care.

Some common mistakes include sleeping or swimming lens rinsing, rinsing the lenses with tap water and prolonged wear as prescribed.

Abuse of contact lenses can lead to infection and blindness.

lamminlee@asiaone.com

news POST [19659021] Buy this article for re-release .


Source link