قالب وردپرس درنا توس
Home / Health / Man pulls carnivorous bacteria while kayaking

Man pulls carnivorous bacteria while kayaking



A man from Alabama "struggling for his life" for a carnivorous bacterial infection he sustained during a weekend kayak trip, according to his wife, who shared gruesome photos on social media to warn others about the rare disease , [19659002] Ricky Rutherford and his wife Cassey from Waterloo – along with their family and friends – rode the Second Creek kayak on July 6, reports WAFF 48.

Two days later, Ricky went to work and followed suit with a 103 Home temperature and cramps in the legs, depending on the station. He works in a warehouse, so he guessed he just felt the effects of working on his feet in the heat, the sales outlet reported.

So he returned to work the next day ̵

1; but could barely walk after his arrival.

"When he undressed, he found that his leg was red and swollen," Cassey posted on Facebook. "We went straight to the emergency room last night and they told us that cellulite from our kayak tour may have occurred on Saturday. We treated him with IV antibiotics and sent him home with two more. They told him if there was a change that could come back. "

But it did not get worse until the next morning – Ricky had a fever, his wife said. So the couple hurried back to the emergency room. The doctors suspected that these were carnivorous bacteria and carried out some tests.

Ricky underwent surgery on Friday and the doctors cleaned a 5 by 6 inch piece of his leg, Cassey said.

See you Monday. Cultures confirmed that carnivorous bacteria – or necrotizing fasciitis – were to blame.

"My husband is fighting for his life because of this terrible thing!" Cassey wrote. "What seemed like a normal fun activity that we enjoyed as a family has turned into a nightmare!"

Symptoms of the disease include a red or swollen area of ​​the skin that spreads quickly, severe pain – even beyond the infected skin area – and, according to CDC, fever.

Since 2010, approximately 700 to 1,200 cases have occurred annually in the United States.

Cassey told WAFF that her husband did not have any open cuts, scratches or wounds – but the doctors told her it did not matter.

"There was nothing," she said. "But the doctors told us that it could be a microscopic hole that invades and continues to spread. It's hard to believe that there was a group of us and my husband who had the healthiest immune system there and understood that. He is never ill. He does not even have a doctor. To know that he got that when the rest of us were not crazy. Hundreds have commented and shared Cassey's Facebook posts on Ricky's status, using their exposure to warn others about the risks at the resort.

I do not want anyone else to go through this, "she told the outlet." On Saturday, I had to think about burying the love of my life, nobody should ever have to go through it, do not get in the water! "It's not safe not your family for a day of fun, it's right here in our backyard. "


Source link