For the third year in a row, President Donald Trump translated the annual event – but this year also the Vice President and Trump's daughter Ivanka Trump and her husband Jared Kushner.
Vice President Mike Pence and his wife Karen, as well as the White House advisors Ivanka Trump and Kushner, all stood on the seat list for the main table, but did not show at the event where a Who's Who of prominent political and business executives.
CNN has commented in both the White House and Pence's office.
The rest of the evening was easier, and former Secretary of State John Kerry made a speech full of jokes about Washington and himself. Kerry, the outgoing president of the club ̵
The person said the dinner was attended by key business figures including Jeff Bezos, Michael Bloomberg, Warren Buffett, Tim Cook, Bill Gates and Randall Stephenson, CEO of AT & T, which owns CNN parent company WarnerMedia.
Political Leaders Dinner included former Vice President Dick Cheney and former Secretary of State Henry Kissinger, George Shultz, James Baker, Madeleine Albright, Colin Powell and Rex Tillerson.
Alongside Mattis, Kerry and Romney, Bezos and Chief Justice John Roberts and former Tennessee GOP Sen. Bill Frist were among the speakers.
Those currently in the Trump administration include Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo, Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross, and incumbent prosecutor Matthew Whitaker. They sat next to former civil servants Tillerson, Mattis, and the former White House chief of staff, John Kelly, who were all driven out by Trump last year.
- "I have to tell you, you all see tonight in your ball gowns, your tuxedos, your flies and your cummerbunds, or like us Calling it at home is incredibly chic: workout clothes, or as we call it in our other home: pajamas, or as we call it in our other home: bathing suits, but tonight, it looks like I've done something Donald Trump can only dream of ending my end.
- "Donald Trump may be the first president to drive his successor's limousine with license plates made by his campaign manager."
- "I think we all noticed it There was a lot of turnover in this administration. Secretary (Ryan) Zinke was dismissed. Reince Priebus was fired. Rex Tillerson, General McMaster, Jeff Sessions – all fired. One thing can be said about the Trump people – they are not idiots. Wilbur Ross is here. I want to thank him for taking care of the dessert. He went to the kitchen and said, "Let her eat cake."
- "Just think, Mitt and I are two of the only people who understand the temptation to run for office in every state you own a home."
- "I'm thinking of And after that, each actor said what a great honor it was to just be nominated … trust me, that's not it. "
 Kevin Bohn of CNN contributed to this report.