DES MOINES, Iowa – Lottery players could have a chance to win the tenth-largest lottery prize in US history, while theestimated jackpot rises to $ 502 million.  The draw on Friday, March 30, offers players the chance to spend $ 2 and dream of beating the dizzying odd of 302.5 million to one and win the grand prize. Jackpot winners must match all six numbers in a drawing.
The $ 502 million prize is the annuity option, which pays a single winner over the age of 29. A cash winner would take home $ 301
No one has won the Mega Millions Jackpot since January. The raffle on Friday takes place at 11 o'clock. ET.
Mega Millions is one of two national lottery games. It is played in 44 states as well as in Washington, D.C., and the US Virgin Islands.
Here is a look at the top 10 US jackpots ever drawn and the states where the winning cards were sold:
1. $ 1.6 billion, Powerball, January 13, 2016 (three cards, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $ 758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (a Massachusetts ticket)
3. $ 656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
4. $ 648 million, Mega Millions, December 17, 2013 (two tickets from California and Georgia)
5. $ 590.5 million, Powerball, May 18, 2013 (a ticket from Florida)
6. $ 587.5 million, Powerball, November 28, 2012 (two tickets from Arizona and Missouri)
7. $ 564.1 million, Powerball, February 11, 2015 (three tickets from North Carolina, Puerto Rico and Texas)
8. $ 559.7 million jackpot, Powerball, January 6, 2018 (a ticket, New Hampshire)
9. $ 536 million, Mega Millions, July 8, 2016 (a ticket from Indiana)
10. $ 487 million, Powerball, July 30, 2016 (a ticket, from New Hampshire)
© 2018 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, transmitted, rewritten or redistributed.