The Mets openly struggled against Clayton Kershaw in their 9-2 loss to the Dodgers on Friday night at Citi Field. >> Box score
Five takeaways from Friday's game
1) Noah Syndergaard lasted just 5.0 innings after four runs on five hits. All four runs were scored in the fourth inning, including a three-run homer from Gavin Lux . It was Lux's second career home run, and the 15th that Syndergaard has allowed at Citi Field this season … he's giving up a total of 20 home runs on the year.
2) J.D. Davis  Despite having the night off, [1
4) Amed Rosario went 1-for- 4 in the bottom of the seventh inning. The Mets managed to score just 1-for-5 with runners in scoring position, while the Dodgers were more efficient – going 4-for-5 with runner scoring position.
5) Clayton Kershaw improved to 10-0 in his career against the Mets in the regular season, and threw a season-high 105 pitches. The left one on two hits and struck out five in 6.1 innings of work. He retired nine straight batters in the middle innings before Todd Frazier
If you give JD a cookie … 🍪 pic.twitter.com/nqQ0EJ43m4
– SNY (@SNYtv) September 13, 2019
The Mets continue their three-game series with The Dodgers on Saturday night at Citi Field, with first pitch set for 7:10 pm Jacob deGrom (9-8, 2.70 ERA) on the Mets while the Dodgers Wants to Have Hyun-Jin Ryu (12-5, 2.45 ERA) on the mound.