The Mets avoided the sweep – and dropped below 500 – by beating Citi Field 5-2 on Sunday. >> Box score
Five Things You Should Know About Sunday's Game …
1) Steven Matz was an excellent player for over six innings and did not waver until the end of his meeting. Before Mike Moustakas had delivered six scoreless frames that brought him deep into the right midfield to score a two-out two-run ball that leveled the match at 2. The Lefty hit four and did not hit a walk. He now has an ERA of 3.68, but apart from his debacle in Philadelphia, Matz has scored six earned runs over his other five starts (29 1/3 innings).
2) While Matz did most of the heavy work, Seth Lugo and Edwin Diaz took over the business for the metropolitan area. Lugo knocked everyone out in eighth position and Diaz closed the door with a 1
3) Amed Rosario has shown constant power to the opposing field during his young career, and this weekend was no different. After shooting a solo shot on Saturday's center-half, the Shorstop drilled an RBI Double to Plate Brandon Nimmo and made it 2-0 in the second. Against the Brewers starter Gio Gonzalez who jumped out a 0-2 lead against him, left Rosario on his comfort and delivered the series production. Rosario later scored the seventh from J.D. Davis & # 39; RBI.
4) The big news from Mets Land on Sunday was that Travis d & # 39; Arnaud had been chosen for the job. The reference to Tomas Nido of Triple-A Syracuse was the appropriate step, and he immediately had the chance to deliver to a large venue. Manager Mickey Callaway sent him to hit the bases and two outs of the eight. After a 1-1 offer from Steve Wilkerson Nido ran a double to the right to add insurance runs and raise the score to 5-2.
5) For the second Sunday in a straight line, Robinson Cano resigned after being hit by a handshake. It was his right hand against the Cardinals last week. This time it was his left. The initial x-rays were negative, but he's not quite out of the woods yet – the Mets will do more tests on Monday as the swelling goes down.
Video: Amed Rosario scores double RBI to score Nimmo  Video: WATCH: JD Davis ranks 7th on the grid
The Mets start on Monday at home in four games against the Reds. RHP Zack Wheeler will appeal to Cincinnati RHP Tanner Roark .