Microsoft today released a new preview for PCs with support for dark designs in File Explorer and improvements for Narrator. This build comes from the RS5 branch, which is the Windows 10 update that the company plans to release later this year. The company also releases builds from 19H1, which, as the name implies, will arrive in the first half of next year.
Windows 10 is being developed as a service, which means it regularly receives new features. Microsoft has released five major updates so far: November Update, Anniversary Update, Creators Update, Fall Creators Update and April 2018 Update
Already in May, Microsoft released the first Windows 10 build to support a dark theme in the file -Explorer. Today's build completes "what we intended for this release," the team announced. This does not mean that a dark theme development is made, but it means that what you see in File Explorer in this build is what you will get in the next version of Windows 10.
This desktop build also includes the following general fixes and fixes (most of which are for the narrator):
- The XAML shadows were taken offline and acrylic was removed from some popup controls. You will be back in a later build.
- Fixed a problem with recent flights where the touch keyboard on the screen could become invisible.
- Fixed an issue with the last flights that had components of a notification with a progress bar (like the one of (19659006)) Fixed a problem where on certain devices, when you reset your device and keep the files, the Sound Settings page stopped responding after logging in to Windows 19659006] Fixed an issue where the High Contrast drop-down list flickered when modifying the values.
- The issue where narrators do not respond to all emojis in the Emoji field of touch keyboard has been fixed.
- The problem with narrator has been fixed Say "selected" after the image has been selected with the keyboard.
- The problem that the focus of the touch narrator has been fixed even after deselecting the word has been fixed.
- Fixed the problem that the narration key was getting sticky with us
- Fixed the issue where the Default Settings dialog box was fixed for the Narrator Command "was not read by Narrator.
- The problem with copying and pasting the narrator feature "selection removed" was fixed, but the selection remained.
- Fixed the issue where the Narrator automatic dialog read the Command-Assign dialog twice.
- The narrator experience of moving for characters and pronunciation of phonetic pronunciations has been improved.
- The problem that the Error focus and keyboard focus were out of sync after navigating TreeView
- Fixed an issue where the Error misread the Calculator app in Focus view for values over 100.
- The problem was that the Narrator icon appeared in the system tray when you started Narrator Quick Start from the link in the narrator settings. 19659006] The issue where the narrator could not read the caption of the Word Document Restore dialog box has been fixed.
- Fixed issue so narrator can navigate now e Content of new Notepad status bar
- Fixes the issue that navigation in Error-Scan mode does not progress after tab access to a link.
- Fixed the problem of the narrator navigating the Scan Mode in the Microsoft Edge Browser window
- Fixed the problem where Narrator crashed when Developer mode was used and the generated string was null ,
- Fixed the issue of reading a narrator on a table item in some HTML emails fixed] Today's update encounters the build number of Windows 10 for the RS5 branch of 17730 (available to testers on August 3 ) to create 17733.
This build has 11 known issues:
- Your PC becomes Bugcheck (GSOD) when deleting a local folder that synchronizes with OneDrive.
- If you click on a link to launch an app from another app, some insiders may not work.
- If you upgrade to this build, you will see the taskbar fly-outs (network, volume), and so on) do not have a crylic background
- If you use the "Ease of Access Text Larger" setting, you may experience text clipping issues occur or the text does not get bigger everywhere.
- On Windows 10 in S-mode, Office in the Store may not start with the error that a DLL can not run on Windows. The error message is that a .dll "either does not run on Windows or contains an error, try reinstalling the program …" Some users were able to work around this by uninstalling and reinstalling Office from the store.
- When using the narration mode, multiple stops may occur for a single control. An example of this is if you have an image that is also a link.
- When using the Shift + Select commands in Error Scan mode in Microsoft Edge, the text is not selected correctly.
- A possible increase in startup reliability and performance issues in this build
- After setting up a Windows Mixed Reality headset on this motion-control build for the first time, the controllers may need to be re-paired a second time before they appear in the headset.
- When When you use the Windows Mixed Reality Immersive app with the message "Flashlight on", the flash function may not be activated even though the status in the Start menu appears as Active.
- If you install one of the last builds of the Fast Ring and switch to slow ringing – optional content such as enabling developer mode will fail. You must stay in the Fast Ring to add / install / activate optional content. This is because optional content is only installed for builds that are allowed for specific rings.
Do not install this option on your production machine as usual.