Microsoft is busy fixing the last – but problematic – bugs in the Spring Creators Update (or whatever it's called), but work on its successor is still progressing well.
Build 17650 for the Redstone 5 branch introduces a number of changes and fixes, including a Fluent Design upgrade for the Windows Defender Security Center.
This update includes spacing and spacing adjustments around the Windows Defender Security Center app. Categories on the main page are dynamically adjusted as needed. The title bar of the app now uses the accent color if you have enabled this option.
In this build, Windows Defender Firewall now supports Windows Subsystem for Linux Processes (WSL). Microsoft explains, "If a Linux tool wants to allow outside access to a port (like SSH or a web server like nginx), the Windows Defender firewall will request access just like a Windows process when the port is accepted connections . "
Other common changes, improvements, and fixes in this build include:
- Fixed an issue where File Explorer was always opened with minimized tape instead of remembering how to leave it to have.
- Fixed an issue where elements on the main page of the Windows Defender Security Center app slightly resized when the mouse pointer was moved.
- Fixed an issue where non-default languages might include the option to remove gray-shaded settings An issue where the color filters and high-contrast icons in the settings were changed.
- Fixed an issue that caused settings to crash when clicking links in settings launched by other apps, and nothing else happened.
- Q. Fixed an issue where some users crashed while navigating to Apps> Standard apps> Default app settings.
Known Issues Are:
- After entering hibernation, the desktop is temporarily visible before the lock screen is displayed
- When the user of Movies & TV denies access to his video library (through the "Movies and TV to access your video library? "or through the Windows Privacy Settings), Movies & TV crashes when the user navigates to the" Personal "tab.
- Tiling and cascading windows, including features such as" Print Preview "in Word, do not work for inactive tabs.
- The Office Visual Basic Editor window is currently tabbed, but it is not intended to be in the future.
- Opening an Office document while the same app has opened an existing document may result in an inadvertent change to the last active document. This also happens when you close a sheet in Excel while leaving other sheets open.
- Local files or non-Microsoft cloud files are not restored automatically, and no error message is issued to alert the user to this fact.
- Setting UX for Office Win32 desktop apps is not final. The experience will be refined over time based on feedback.
- The top part of some Win32 desktop app windows may appear slightly below the tab bar when it is maximized. To work around this problem, restore the window and maximize it again.
- Closing a tab sometimes minimizes the entire sentence.
- Microsoft is aware of a problem that causes Narrator to call Alt + Tab and work on a fix.
- Using the arrow keys and the Page Up / Page Down keys does not work for browsing Web pages in Microsoft Edge. You must use a different input method (mouse, touch or touchpad).
- If you complete the setup for a Windows Mixed Reality Headset in this build, the headset stays black until it is disconnected from the computer and reconnected.
Photo credits: charsitr / Shutterstock